Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question.
These passengers are so mischievous enough to do anything. It got me thinking last night how they are too dumb to figure out how to use the correct pick up address but damn sure smart enough to quick cancel that ride so they don't get charged. I wish they would get timed out 30 minutes for every frivolous cancel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is the question.
These passengers are so mischievous enough to do anything. It got me thinking last night how they are too dumb to figure out how to use the correct pick up address but damn sure smart enough to quick cancel that ride so they don't get charged. I wish they would get timed out 30 minutes for every frivolous cancel.
Speaking of canceling rides...last night I took a ride in Duluth on a slight surge. I get down the road toward the pick up and it cancels. So now I'm wasting time and gas and here comes the same passenger non surge. I accepted...went and bought coffee...and after 10 minutes, canceled on him. Booyah....mfkr

·
Premium Member
62,900 Posts
Speaking of canceling rides...last night I took a ride in Duluth on a slight surge. I get down the road toward the pick up and it cancels. So now I'm wasting time and gas and here comes the same passenger non surge. I accepted...went and bought coffee...and after 10 minutes, canceled on him. Booyah....mfkr
Must be FUN standing around for 30 minutes or more . . . waiting.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This is why you "confirm" once you are enroute. The pax loves it when you do this because it only gives them 5 minutes to cancel and thus they would only be able to waste 5mins. Now, you can spend this time having pax wait for you while you get a coffee on their refund time. Most pax believe their app is broken if you stay in the same place for a while... Whether or not you are in that place is a non issue because pax believes anything.

How do I know? Small sample size but, I asked 4 different pax. One was drunk so I actually asked 3 but all of them thought their app needed to be refreshed. I back this up with those times pax claims their app showed the driver being 15 minute's away yet you are at their drop pin.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hmmm...The time you spent buying coffee you could have made a couple bucks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have never accepted a ride after either one of us have cancelled. But, then again - and unfortunately, I'm slowly realizing that I'm not a very good uber driver (regardless of my ratings). Up until last fall, the math worked. For me, it no longer does.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I have never accepted a ride after either one of us have cancelled. But, then again - and unfortunately, I'm slowly realizing that I'm not a very good uber driver (regardless of my ratings). Up until last fall, the math worked. For me, it no longer does.
I feel the same way. My first ever Uber trip payed out $9.33; that same trip today pays $6.13... If it was pool it would be $4.72. Gas is more expensive. Has my time, really lost that much value?

This is after the pax cancelled on you the first time because the pax knew the surge price went down because YOU are now in his area and thus surge doesn't exist? A novel concept indeed.
Or the rider just happened to cancel and on their next request, surge was gone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I feel the same way. My first trip payed out $9.33; that same trip today pays $6.13... If it was pool it would be $4.72. Gas is more expensive. Has my time, really lost that much value?

Or the rider just happened to cancel and on their next request, surge was gone.
It's not that our time lost value, we must work longer hours for the same amount of pay and this isn't just Uber drivers, Uber engineers are doing the same...

Keala Lusk, a former Uber software engineer, wrote on Medium that during her time at Uber she saw "malicious fights for power, interns repeatedly putting in over 100 hours a week but only getting paid for 40, discrimination against women, and prejudice against the transgender community".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts