Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Seriously, don't waste your time with the gas card. Just fill up at the cheapest Arco you can find. The only time I'll use the card now is if I fill up at the G&M by the airport, because it's the cheapest gas in the city (even cheaper than Arco), and they accept the Uber card.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Seriously, don't waste your time with the gas card. Just fill up at the cheapest Arco you can find. The only time I'll use the card now is if I fill up at the G&M by the airport, because it's the cheapest gas in the city (even cheaper than Arco), and they accept the Uber card.
Well I use it along with my Ralphs rewards at shell so...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I didn't even get the apology message. I noticed after a night of driving that I was in the hole for $27. Looked at it closer and they were deducting my last 3 fill ups using the card which had happen 1 and 2 weeks before. Now to be fair I did owe the $ but couldn't figure out why it took them so long to deduct. It usually shows up the week it is used.

·
Banned
217 Posts
I didn't even get the apology message. I noticed after a night of driving that I was in the hole for $27. Looked at it closer and they were deducting my last 3 fill ups using the card which had happen 1 and 2 weeks before. Now to be fair I did owe the $ but couldn't figure out why it took them so long to deduct. It usually shows up the week it is used.
Yeah, it looks like one of my charges is disputable. The others are legit

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
The arco at La Tijera and the 405 accepts credit cards, not just debit cards. They charge a $1 if you use the credit card. But the gas is way cheaper than a Mobil, Shell, Chevron, etc. Even if you tack on the Uber Rewards Savings.

There are only 4 refineries in California, so the gas is all the same. Anyone says the gas is different based on the stations name is full of it. All gas has to be formulated and followed to specifications or your car wouldn't run and the gas companies would be liable for the repairs

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Costco also has cheap gas, just longggg lines
In the Valley at Topanga and Ventura there is a Ralph's gas station. Cheap like costco. The same for up north, Safeway (vons) sells gas and it's the cheapest around. Don't be surprised if the grocery stores next steps is to sell gas at wholesale prices and eliminate the independent gas stations.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The arco at La Tijera and the 405 accepts credit cards, not just debit cards. They charge a $1 if you use the credit card. But the gas is way cheaper than a Mobil, Shell, Chevron, etc. Even if you tack on the Uber Rewards Savings.

There are only 4 refineries in California, so the gas is all the same. Anyone says the gas is different based on the stations name is full of it. All gas has to be formulated and followed to specifications or your car wouldn't run and the gas companies would be liable for the repairs
Before "Top Tier" and BP ownership of ARCO, I would argue differently... (Ironically, some of the formulation that made ARCO gas suck, is now standard for all California Gas.)

That said, old habits die hard. I would never put ARCO gas in my car. Shell and Valero seem to match prices, but Valero charges for debit use, Shell does not. 76 used to be California's top brand, but it is now Chevron. Chevron, when Techron was the fuel injection cleaner, was the best for early multi-port systems. I do not trust the independents.

So yes, if it is "Top Tier", then all the additives are the same.

Yes, I use my car for Uber, but I do not use a car for Uber. Read that carefully... I use a car I enjoy, regardless if I drive for Uber. I do not own a car specifically for Uber driving. I treat it as such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts