Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving 2 PAX home along a motorway, which is a 110kph (~70mph) zone. It's 2am on Sunday morning so roads are pretty empty.

Up ahead I see a car parked on the shoulder with hazards on and a group of 3 standing around it. I think nothing of it but move to the middle lane to give them some room.

All of a sudden one of the guys standing around the car bolts from shoulder across the 4 lane highway right in front of my car. I had to slam on the brakes and swerve. Thank god for ABS. Thank god there was no one behind me.

I saw when he reached the dividing wall in the middle of the highway he just stopped and leant against it.

WTF was the point in that? Some stupid dare?

Luckily my PAX saw what happened too and complimented me on my reactions, but shit, got my adrenalin pumping.

·
Registered
271 Posts
In my experience pax who are regular drivers themselves are very understanding about such things.

The problem types are the bimbo Barbies and Buffys who are used to their Kens and Biffs chauffeuring them all over town. They'll have a screeching palpitation over the slightest tap on the brakes.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I was driving 2 PAX home along a motorway, which is a 110kph (~70mph) zone. It's 2am on Sunday morning so roads are pretty empty.

Up ahead I see a car parked on the shoulder with hazards on and a group of 3 standing around it. I think nothing of it but move to the middle lane to give them some room.

All of a sudden one of the guys standing around the car bolts from shoulder across the 4 lane highway right in front of my car. I had to slam on the brakes and swerve. Thank god for ABS. Thank god there was no one behind me.

I saw when he reached the dividing wall in the middle of the highway he just stopped and leant against it.

WTF was the point in that? Some stupid dare?

Luckily my PAX saw what happened too and complimented me on my reactions, but shit, got my adrenalin pumping.
^^^
Fraternity hazing.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Glad you don't have to live with the memory of being the instrument of an idiots demise through no fault of your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts