Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've completed under 25 trips and a drunk man gives me a lower rating because of his incompetence.. He pin pointed his location wrong, which left me at the wrong pickup spot, by the time i was picking up the phone to call he walked around the corner with his hands up as if i was the ignorant one.

What is an average driver rating? How low can it get before they disable your account?

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you get someone like that, move on. do not pick them up. you start the trip, they can rate you. cancel, dont give them the opportunity. and 4.6 is as low as you can go. before you even head to a pickup, call or text to verofy location. harxly anybody drops the pin right. they should be forced to type in their exact address.

Reactions: RockinEZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They can't complain about that? I mean canceling and pulling off when he's right there? Lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
they can complain to uber all they want via email. they'll get the same canned responses from the robots that drivers do when they have an issue. IF YOU DON'T START THE TRIP, THEY CANT RATE YOU. the best way for you to save you time and gas and frustration is to call or text the passenger before you even move, confirming the location. they will dock you 2 stars for not showing up on their front doorstep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they can complain to uber all they want via email. they'll get the same canned responses from the robots that drivers do when they have an issue. IF YOU DON'T START THE TRIP, THEY CANT RATE YOU. the best way for you to save you time and gas and frustration is to call or text the passenger before you even move, confirming the location. they will dock you 2 stars for not showing up on their front doorstep.
Sounds like a good idea.. I will try that out tonight. I just figured that takes longer, so confirming wasn't really necessary.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
CXL is service industry short hand for cancel. PAX is service industry for passenger. We will soon be using SOB which is service industry for souls on board (Uber Pool).

·
Registered
311 Posts
my sweet child, you better confirm their location. they drop the pin wrong all the time, especially when they're drunk. it only takes a few seconds to call or text. take it from someone who was deactivated (for a 4.59) after his first two weeks. i had to take a course ($100) to get reactivated. the instructor told me i shoukd be doing a whoke bunch of shit i was already doing. the only thing ive done different since then, is calling or texting to verify location. it has resulted in consistent 4.85-4.9 ratings every week. i had a couple of weeks that were a perfect 5.0. but that's neither here nor there since the rate cuts. ratings dont pay you what you're worth .

Reactions: UberXTampa

·
Registered
311 Posts
CXL before the trip starts... Hands up in the air = CXL for me. If they show an attitude before the trip starts you can't win.
exactly. they'll dock you 2 stars for not rolling out the red carpet at their front door step. if you cant contact them before you get there and guage their demeanor ahead of time, they're not worth the risk to your rating until you have a ththousand trips under your belt. these ******** expect plaza hotel 5star service whilst paying motel6 rates.

Reactions: UberXTampa

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I call on every trip. PAX actually appreciate it.
If the ping is in an alley, call. If the ping is on a busy street downtown, call.
If someone pings you, call.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I call when I arrive to find the PAX if they are not visible at the pin.
One told me he was across the street in busy downtown San Diego. I was in the only legal spot on the block. I asked him if he would mind crossing the street so I could avoid a ticket.
"That is not how this works" was his reply.
I rolled and pressed CXL.
That is how this works.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yr
I call when I arrive to find the PAX if they are not visible at the pin.
One told me he was across the street in busy downtown San Diego. I was in the only legal spot on the block. I asked him if he would mind crossing the street so I could avoid a ticket.
"That is not how this works" was his reply.
I rolled and pressed CXL.
That is how this works.
"yes this is how this works, and **** you" should have been your reply befor cancelling. this will go a long way towards re-educating these pampered ********.

Reactions: RockinEZ

·
Registered
311 Posts
godalmighty, i'm starting to miss the section 8 dwelling passengers i used to pick up on the eastside in my cab. made more of a profit off them sometimes, with less hassle.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
godalmighty, i'm starting to miss the section 8 dwelling passengers i used to pick up on the eastside in my cab. made more of a profit off them sometimes, with less hassle.
I hear you. In San Diego, the home of one way streets downtown, the passenger will cancel if you start the 4 turn cycle to bring you up on them. The app says 3 min, and they cancel.
I always feel lucky I didn't get that one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you think the uber PAX expect such high standards because of class of people they come from? Everyone i've picked up so far is very well off it seems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my sweet child, you better confirm their location. they drop the pin wrong all the time, especially when they're drunk. it only takes a few seconds to call or text. take it from someone who was deactivated (for a 4.59) after his first two weeks. i had to take a course ($100) to get reactivated. the instructor told me i shoukd be doing a whoke bunch of shit i was already doing. the only thing ive done different since then, is calling or texting to verify location. it has resulted in consistent 4.85-4.9 ratings every week. i had a couple of weeks that were a perfect 5.0. but that's neither here nor there since the rate cuts. ratings dont pay you what you're worth .
And why was i referred to as a child? Is it that obvious? :c

·
Registered
311 Posts
it
Do you think the uber PAX expect such high standards because of class of people they come from? Everyone i've picked up so far is very well off it seems.
blows my mind. i have some of the same riders that rode with me in the cab, paying more AND tipping, now they pay less and dont tip because of uber propaganda.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And why was i referred to as a child? Is it that obvious? :c
did not mean to offend, was a reference to your naivete regarding how this bullshit uber system works.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts