Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last ride yesterday reported something pretty frightening. They had taken a ride earlier with an uber driver that was shit faced drunk. Driving over curbs. Argumentative and down right dangerous. Pax jumped out of car for fear of their life. I told pax they must report this dirtbag, they said they did report to uber and uber blew it off. I can't imagine this is true. To add insult to injury they showed me the trip ticket for that ride....the driver continued to drive around on pax dollar to the tune of 25.00 with no surge. I've heard from other PAX reporting drivers falling asleep. Come on uber.....take PAX report serious and deactivate these bottom of the barrel dangerous drivers. please share your PAX stories about bad/dangerous drivers they have shared with you.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must be kidding ---- take the passengers word!!! I was accused by drunk passengers a couple weeks ago of driving drunk, which is fine, except I don't drink.
These PAX were sober as a judge. It came up because they wanted to specifically request me to take them to the airport tomorrow because I was a safe driver. I did say in my post "I can't imagine this is true". I'm sorry you were falsely accused. What did you have to go through to clear your name? There is a growing number of reports about drunk uber drivers though, or rape, or going postal with a gun. I guess like anything with warning signs such as the Orlando shooter......just have to wait til the drunk uber drivers that ARE out there hurt or kill somebody.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Its up to the state of Nevada. I feel no one should be allowed to drive commercially without FBI check, medical exam, and drug and alcohol testing. All i did was terminate the ride, texted uber I had to throw them because they were drunk and combative.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its up to the state of Nevada. I feel no one should be allowed to drive commercially without FBI check, medical exam, and drug and alcohol testing. All i did was terminate the ride, texted uber I had to throw them because they were drunk and combative.
I totally agree with you about what should be required to drive commercially.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if we're all mentally drunk for participating in this nonsense.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't forget the other story that an Uber driver posted here last week. ... a rider reported his uber driver was involved in car accident while he was Giving him a ride and Uber believed the rider and deactivated driver account. Driver had to go to local uber office and show his car and told them..he wasn't involved in car accident and got his account turned on.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't forget the other story that an Uber driver posted here last week. ... a rider reported his uber driver was involved in car accident while he was Giving him a ride and Uber believed the rider and deactivated driver account. Driver had to go to local uber office and show his car and told them..he wasn't involved in car accident and got his account turned on.
Yes that was Naturegirl. I think she indicated it could have been an honest mistake, but duly noted. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You've got that right. But, everyone has their reasons. But to.think driving uber is any different than working at McDonalds is insane.
Or any other job for that matter. Work IS WORK. From a minimum wage job to an educated professional.....it can be tedious, difficult, stressful or boring..whatever the case may be.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I thought this thread was about accountability. To hold an uber driver as accountable as a professional is crazy.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought this thread was about accountability. To hold an uber driver as accountable as a professional is crazy.
If a burger flipper picked his nose while flipping a burger that would be unprofessional. Every job has standards of ACTING in a professional manner. A person who drives as a profession should act professional in safe driving, maintaining a clean car and presenting a courteous manner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts