Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
depends on the type of drunk, but usually give them the aux cord ,crank it up, and quickly navigate to their destination. sometimes have to yell at them but then they straighten up quickly.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Seriously? Ask yourself if you would let these people in your house where you are safe, secure, & insured! If your answer is no, stop letting them in your car.
I made $4 hr last week after being ripped a new one from uber's guarantees. No Drunks! No uber!
I don't think I have ever felt "unsafe" from any of my pax. If I did get a bad/off feeling about someone I would definitely not pick them up or I would end the ride and let them out.

Drunks are usually harmless, but mostly annoying. Nothing I can't deal with in smaller doses but I would never want to work the bar scene exclusively. I would lose my mind.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
What cities are you guys driving in? Here in Pittsburgh it's like NuberUber said, harmless. And I only drive nights and weekends so exclusively the bar scene. 500+ rides and never felt threatened and every drunk pax was in a decent or good mood. They get mouthy? Redirect, redirect, redirect. Escalating? Sure kick them out. But had nothing close to that (inb4 "just wait")

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If I wasn't driving drunks I really wouldn't be making any money! As a secondary motivator I don't mind keeping them off the roads! Some recent stats say drunk driving accidents are down like 25% when Uber comes to town.

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
I prefer taking drunks home in the suburbs, since most pax are responsible adults choosing not to drive drunk. They also tip well. In the city, it's mostly young people getting wasted. I hate college campuses. Well, except where I went to college myself because I know the campus well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
College Drunks Suck! If you see them stumbling or holding up friends --> CANCEL!

I carry puke bags for those whom at least can acknowledge they had a few too many...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts