Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon lads,

I am trying to find out the truth behind dropping off, picking up rules on the bus stops.

According to UBER Guide we are allowed to stop.
http://london.ubermovement.com/a-guide-to-stopping-on-the-road

but for example bus stop in Grant Road SW11 (Clapham Junction) is by wide yellow line. Are we exempted or not?

Thanks. Fostel.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Uber guide is wrong so is TFL one there's no Wide REd line at bus stops or if there is it's small amount never use Uber guides as they are tweeting it's ok for 7 passengers in XL.

·
Banned
3,748 Posts
Good afternoon lads,

I am trying to find out the truth behind dropping off, picking up rules on the bus stops.

For example bus stop in Grant Road SW11 (Clapham Junction) is by thick yellow line. Are we exempted and shouldn't be fined or not?

According to UBER Guide we are allowed to stop.
http://london.ubermovement.com/a-guide-to-stopping-on-the-road

Can PCN be challenged if contravention code 47 has been applied?
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/further-details-contravention-code-47

I didn't find the 100% answer yet but I am going to prove I've been working.
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/parking-information

Thanks. Fostel.
If Uber say you can park there, just park there- you do everything else Uber and your sat nav tells you to do.
Why break the mould??
#uber-nomorerulestobebroken

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I found answer myself.
PH are not exempted from stopping at a bus stops marked with a wide yellow line as those are clearways.
Bus stops
Although PHVs can stop to pick up or set down passengers at some London bus stops, it is recommended that drivers avoid these to reduce disruption to bus services. PHVs cannot stop at 'bus stop clearways' marked with a wide yellow line by the kerb and should not stop at bus stops on red routes.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
As Cabbie2B has said

You can't stop on Bus Stops with the thick yellow line kerbside.

The info can be found on TFL website

People need to realise that Uber are just a well funded PH Operator

Nothing more

Who gives a toss why they say, you are regulated by TFL, if TFL say yes you can if they no you can't

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw someone dropping off right in the middle of the roundabout on NY night..and i mean right in the middle..beat that for road sense...lol...saw a few very strange manoeuvres over the last two weeks.. I guess all the new drivers came out to practice their skills as the roads were less busy.. cant blame them :p

oh my friend the answer to your question is simply avoid stopping at bus stops, zebra crossings, zig zags... and roundabouts

·
Registered
586 Posts
I always Follow my rules for two reasons
1 : Dont make enough to pay those £60 fines .
2 : Dont wanna wake up every morning thinking about the FINE post.

So I NEVER EVER stop at Bus stops, Zig Zags, Junction Boxes or bus lanes even If we are allowed to pickup and drop off on bus lanes but I just DO NOT STOP AT ANY OF THOSE Stops I mentioned. Follow these rules and you will be fine and one more thing when you try to dodge the red light always make sure there is no camera around ;)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I knew that I can't count on bc advice here. You lot are useless fellow drivers.
I found answer myself.
C'mon man you can't be serious ? , do you really think any Taxi driver on this forum would be helpful to any Uber driver ?
What were you thinking ? lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Should I expect a PCN? Today I dropped a pax on this bus stop on Grant Road, stopped half on a yellow single and a bus stop, just right in front of the zigzag.. That took 6 seconds.. Have you received a PCN from there or you know of anyone who did?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts