Uber Drivers Forum banner

Dropped pin pax not there:

2K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  sekani 
#1 ·
Had 3 in a row tonight. First one was nice about it. "Man I knew I should have typed in an address. I'm sorry. I'll cancel." 2nd one had the pin in the red zone at city hall! "I think I'm about 5 blocks away. I should be there in 15 minutes. Can you wait?" 3rd was a pin @ concert hall. "Ummm you stupid or something? I'm clearly at the club. You think I listen to that classical REDACTED? Well you just gonna have to come and get me where I am." Nope! Logged off got out of downtown and took a dinner break.

#6 ·
I had a fun one on Saturday - double whammy. I get a request for Westwood and Missouri (exact address for Vitamin Shoppe). I text that I am in the parking, get a reply, we are at the Jack in the Box at Santa Monica Veteran. O.K. no surge manipulation and less than five minutes away. I figure I will cut them some slack.

I pull into the Jack in the Box parking lot and they have an infant and no child seat. By now five minutes have passed, I cancel Rider No Show. I tell them it's the law, I will not take them. I can tell by the look on their faces that I was not the first driver to say "No". Frankly, the driver that took them to Jack in the Box without a child seat shares some responsibility for that family's predicament. If that driver said "No" the family would not be stranded at Jack in the Box. I also feel they were changing the pickup address in hopes of getting a driver who would say yes.

Well, I got my $4.00 and before I pulled out of the parking lot, I got another ping.

#13 ·
Get a ping south of the airport, it's a public storage facility. Drive in then get a text from the guy saying he's at the driving range. I think "Jackass" but it's across the street so I pull up to the clubhouse. A further 3 minutes pass then he calls -

"Are you lost?"
"No, I'm at the clubhouse where you told me to go."
"I'm sitting in my truck in the car park."

WTF? As I cancel I see the putz approaching. I give him a nice wave as I zoom off.

#14 ·
I had a guy drop one at Arby's. I pull up, wait. He calls, asks, where the f are you. Arby's, by where you dropped the pin. He tells me he is at the norms across the street. I pull up there and nothing, at this point it's 7 minutes. I creep out of the driveway and start moving slowly south of norms. This guy ran after me, I cancel, take trade dress off, u turn and roll by him without looking at him.

Glad I cancelled, just detailed and he had a sack of something deep fried and it was just not going to go well with the chocolate cherry theme going in my car.

#23 ·
Got a ping in pico@robertson .pax not there.Called he said he's right by pico and olympic.I said ok I'll be right there in 2 mins.Got there pulled to arco gas station.called again.Oh I'll be there by 2 mins.I said fine ,by that time it is been already past 5 mins,pulled out the gas station canceled as no show ,saw the guy running to me and waving his hand.Sorry too late ,I show him the V sing ,too bad he got charged 4 bucks.He seems a nice guy though.

#24 ·
I get a lot of free ride referrals for Uber, so I can order a pick up for friends and family,

I got one lady friend who thinks it's her god-given right to keep a driver waiting, twice now she has cost me a $5 cancellation fee,

Yes uber charged the passenger a $5 cancellation fee even if they have a free ride credit, you still keep the free ride but just pay the $5 to cancel,

Believe me she's the most sweetest kindest giving person you could ever meet in your life, she cannot give me a solid answer as to why she can't have her feet on the curb when the car shows up,

I told her the next time I pay a $5 cancellation fee, she was going to pay it back she said she will do better next time so I do think the $5 cancellation fee is an incentive to make these people get their ass on the curb.

#29 · (Edited)
I canceled a pool after two minutes that was going to a LAX hotel from Sunset/Highland. I'm going to call from now on to find out location since I can cancel anyway if I don't like the destination. Next ping go up the hill and 7 entitled millennials try to jump in my car since no one has cell signal. They keep pushing me and I say hell no. I tell them why don't I drive 4 of you down the hill and you can order a X ride for the rest of your friends. They continue to ramble until I finally say get out of my car. Girl says,"Are you serious, you are not going to take us? We are going to walk down the hill and if something happens to us you are responsible." I raise my voice and tell them please get out of my car right now. Frat bro type friend loses it and starts dropping f-bombs acting all tough. I look him square in the eye and tell him, Don't f with me. Then I drive off as I already see part of the group making the slow 45 minute march down the hill. Wasted about 25 minutes of valuable platinum time and killed my personal goal of $40 ph for the night. I should of known better than to go up those damn hills.:mad:

#32 ·
I had one the other night...dropped the pin on Lakewood Blvd in Downey. I get a call from a girl slurring her words..she said that she was right across the street from the Long Beach Airport. I said ummm....you might need to cancel because you put in the wrong address....she giggled and hung up. Got my fee and giggled myself.

#33 ·
Had an irate pax a couple days ago. She dropped the pin about two blocks away. I pulled up, waited, called, no answer, cancelled. As I was leaving the area I drove right by the pax as they were trying to flag me down. Of course I didn't stop, not taking a chance they might be undercovers. They called once confused, and the second time I hung up on them when they resorted to obscenities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.