Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first step out of the rideshare business yesterday and dropped Lyft. I had my numbers for them and there's not much Lyft business up this way anyway. It felt better than it should have. Now that I'm almost done with the book I'm not doing much driving. Went out for a while on Sunday and picked up one and canceled two others. The closer I get to the end, the quicker I get on the cancel trigger. Name mismatch, bye. Don't like the look of your house, wrong address shown. Group of young people with open drink containers, driving right on by. I'm pretty much down to the cruise ship dock, the beach front hotels and airport at this point.

It can be fun some days. There are good days, occasional great days but those don't cancel out the increasing tacky factor. I would argue the tacky factor in Uber has increased just in the last few months. The more people they try to coax into your car, the less attractive the clientèle. It didn't used to be that way. In the early days it was a community and people took Uber because it was cheaper than a cab. Now people call Uber when they miss the bus.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Took my first step out of the rideshare business yesterday and dropped Lyft. I had my numbers for them and there's not much Lyft business up this way anyway. It felt better than it should have. Now that I'm almost done with the book I'm not doing much driving. Went out for a while on Sunday and picked up one and canceled two others. The closer I get to the end, the quicker I get on the cancel trigger. Name mismatch, bye. Don't like the look of your house, wrong address shown. Group of young people with open drink containers, driving right on by. I'm pretty much down to the cruise ship dock, the beach front hotels and airport at this point.

It can be fun some days. There are good days, occasional great days but those don't cancel out the increasing tacky factor. I would argue the tacky factor in Uber has increased just in the last few months. The more people they try to coax into your car, the less attractive the clientèle. It didn't used to be that way. In the early days it was a community and people took Uber because it was cheaper than a cab. Now people call Uber when they miss the bus.
I know the feeling. People are getting more and more ungrateful. The other day I picked up a lady. She first asks me how I like uber, I respond it's ok. Her next question? Oh by the way do you have any mints up front there. I just started laughing and couldn't stop.

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts

The hope was Lyft would keep things great but the lower pricing was matched and the whole thing went down the tubes. It should have stayed as the lower priced Taxi alternative but we are waaaaay past that point now.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It is on us the drivers to make this a miserable experience for riders who dont pay, dont tip and dont care about a quality of service. Especially those who use pool and dont value their own time. When uber becomes a 4 letter word to riders then we won the war against this evil company

1 - 4 of 4 Posts