Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a lot of morning LAX runs lately but it's such a pain in the ass to get in and out the departure level at that time. The arrivals level is usually empty.

Does anybody use the lower levels for drop offs or is that off limits?

I think the riders would like it too if it gets them there quicker.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Been doing a lot of morning LAX runs lately but it's such a pain in the ass to get in and out the departure level at that time. The arrivals level is usually empty.

Does anybody use the lower levels for drop offs or is that off limits?

I think the riders would like it too if it gets them there quicker.
Its going to be hard to explain to a cop that you were only dropping off pax in arrival area. And the way shit is going down right now cops are looking for any excuse to give out a big fat citation.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uber is required to use the upper level and display trade dress to make LAX drop offs.

Pax would get there sooner if they left earlier... their poor planning does not make an emergency for us.
Thanks. It's really more for me so I can get in and out quick but no need to risk a citation or tow.

It's would be nice to use because the lower level is always empty in the morning and the upper packed.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Uber is required to use the upper level and display trade dress to make LAX drop offs.
Is that in writing somewhere? It's also a common belief that the trade dress HAS to be in the lower right corner of the windshield, but that's just Uber's suggestion, the only official requirement is that it be visible from 50 feet.

The airport has at times had signs flashing that say the lower level is okay for drop-offs, so I don't see why it would be forbidden.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Could you stealth mode it by removing the U sign, and having pax sit in front while you drop them off in arrivals? Yes.
Is it worth the risk of getting your car impounded, and receiving a fine Uber won't cover? Hell ****ing no.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
I just don't understand the fascination with LAX, OK I'll rephrase, it seems like a fascination to me. I realize if your fortunate to get a PU the trip could be nice long one but possible into a dead zone for a follow up ride. But traffic in and out mostly dead time with a empty car with cops looking for you to mess up...Heck Santa Monica, Venice, MDR, Hollywood, Culver City and Beverly Hills your care is rarely empty and your usually always going to a place with a pick-up close buy.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I just don't understand the fascination with LAX, OK I'll rephrase, it seems like a fascination to me. I realize if your fortunate to get a PU the trip could be nice long one but possible into a dead zone for a follow up ride. But traffic in and out mostly dead time with a empty car with cops looking for you to mess up...Heck Santa Monica, Venice, MDR, Hollywood, Culver City and Beverly Hills your care is rarely empty and your usually always going to a place with a pick-up close buy.
Agreed. I don't like LAX trips anymore with the new rates. Keep me in West LA/Hollywood. I wish we had destination filters. Getting stuck in the Hawthorne area or having to truck back up Sepulveda is no fun. and Manhattan is too much of a PITA.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Done it too. No problem. We aren't picking up anyway.. why be scared?
POST # 11/TransporterX:
A P O L O G Y
to the Original Poster!
TransporterX ....You have broken
through the Dual Performance Barrier
without Bostonian Bison noticing.........
until NOW!

Fellow Well-Knowns, please join me in
Congratulating this Angeleno on besting
24,000 PLUS Members Worldwide with
an Overachievery 118.75% Approval
Rating. As always, the link is:

https://uberpeople.net/posts/338664

Way to Look, Fellow 'Yota Driver!

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts