Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been a driver for a while now and i wanted to know that even though it's against the regulations to drive teens under 18 do some drivers still do it? because i know some kids need rides from school to work, or there staying for tutorials ,club , sports or etc, there parents might be to busy to pick them up. From what i know from having teen nieces and nephews is that some teenagers over 16 are mature enough to drive in an uber. if i decided to drive teens 16 and up what should i know and do? and is there any of yall who already drive teenagers?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Its not your duty to ask the age of your pax, uber assumes they are over 18 because of the TOS.

Having said, if I knew they were under 18, I wouldn't drive them. All it takes is one "he touched me" and your life is over. It's not worth it. You can always report it later on to uber.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If PAX looks 18, then you good to go.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You can drive pax that are not account holders with a text verification from the account holder. Call the customer ask them to text you its ok to pick up so and so at_ _ & take them to_ _. When you drop of the pax text back to the customer that you have dropped of the pax at_ _ Thank you for choosing Uber. Now you have a record and have insured you will be paid for the trip and also have protected the customer's account from being charged for a trip they may have not authorized

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
Without a dashcam I sure wouldn't.

However:

Uber – Account holders must be 18 or over and CANNOT request a ride for riders under 18 unless accompanied by the account holder making the request.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
In VA, 16 is old enough to DRIVE ALONE so why can can't a 16 year old SIMPLY RIDE in a vehicle ?

Andy
Let us know when you doing a 5 stretch.

Reactions: Liz_C

·
Registered
413 Posts
I try to avoid it but it's going to happen. My problem is they're like inbred zombies. The generation of sameness with zero personalities. Plus, short trips that always seem to bring my ratings down. If I recognize the names of "Tween Requesters "and "Car Seat Requesters" because car seats wreck my seats, I cancel.

·
Premium Member
6,961 Posts
All the teens I've driven have been awesome. "Yes, sir. No, sir. Thank you, sir"

I drove two boys home last night from the movie theater and dropped them off at their $3 million home in Vaquero. They were as polite as could be. The app was in his name. If uber doesn't want him to ride they shouldn't have authorized him as a rider.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
As long as you have a dual-channel dashcam in your car, you're golden. Some of my best paxs are boarding school kids. These kids are bright, courteous, well-heeled, and most have been schooled in the art of tipping. The boarding school encourages parents to set up U/L accounts for their kids when they have to travel off-campus. I live nearby so it's a great gig for me. A number of the kids have even come up with an endearing nickname for me based on a prominent physical attribute everyone notices about me. Until or unless Uber gives me a rational reason for not driving these kids, I will continue to do so.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Thr pax ToS has nothing to do with what you can do as a driver. When was the last time Uber told you that you couldn't drive unaccompanied minors? Chances are you found that out here or on the pax app, afaik drivers are never told this, just like Uber has never told drivers it's against their policy for them to be armed...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
When was the last time Uber told you that you couldn't drive unaccompanied minors? Chances are you found that out here or on the pax app, afaik drivers are never told this,
They've never told me, either. If they want me to abide by that, they need to. Otherwise I will keep picking up people if they look old enough to drive. I wouldn't drive a 10-year-old without their parent being with them, but if someone is old enough to drive...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts