Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving on the vineyard for about a month now. Great place to drive, lots of trips and good money. When it comes to navigation......holy hell. Miles and miles of dirt roads. Once your in them the navigation starts to laugh at you. Some riders get upset if you can't find then when their road is clearly marked by a lobster bouey nailed to the tree at the fork in the road. Technically every house and business has an address number but good luck ever seeing one. One rider was bs at me because she was caught in a downpour while I couldn't find her road. She couldn't understand how I couldn't find a rock painted blue where I was supposed to take a right. Oh yeah, no streetlights here either. Most people are cool though helping with the backwoods navigation around here Bars close at 1am too which is sweet.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I have been driving on the vineyard for about a month now. Great place to drive, lots of trips and good money. When it comes to navigation......holy hell. Miles and miles of dirt roads. Once your in them the navigation starts to laugh at you. Some riders get upset if you can't find then when their road is clearly marked by a lobster bouey nailed to the tree at the fork in the road. Technically every house and business has an address number but good luck ever seeing one. One rider was bs at me because she was caught in a downpour while I couldn't find her road. She couldn't understand how I couldn't find a rock painted blue where I was supposed to take a right. Oh yeah, no streetlights here either. Most people are cool though helping with the backwoods navigation around here Bars close at 1am too which is sweet.
POST # 1/Dave M.: After 8.5 Months &
195 Views, I deter-
mined that an "Atta'Boy!" was Earned.

Mentoring Bison: That is all.

·
24,224 Posts
....well ya' tuhn riight by the fok in the road nay-yuh Mill-lah's bahn, then ya' cross the railroad tracks, tuhn left at the dee-pot then keep goin' until ya' come ta' Joneses sto-wah, except Joneses sto-wah izzin't they-yah no mow-wah 'cuz it buhnt down twenny yea-ahs ago, but ya' tuhn left they-yah....

............ahhhhh, Directions in New England.......................

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Then you hear....hey fursten you wanna go to the where da tree splits......follow that fir pertneer mile and half look for the rack nailed on that Thir tree make left until you see a house then go upen ask ole' man Smith but you got to ask him kinda loud cuz he pert neer deef then he will give you directions.........but and I do mean But don't pay him no 'mention cuz he also dumb as a ox.........so once you talk to ole' man Smith call me on the tellerphone and I'd walk up to where you be at! ......God you gotta love southern Missouri Dialect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts