Uber Drivers Forum banner
1K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  yankdog 
#1 ·
So Uber tracks our accelerations and braking because they prefer their passengers be comfortable when you mow over bicyclists and pedestrians, because hard braking is dangerous driving.

Here is an example of Uber dinging me twice for the same instances because their own NannySoftware doesn't realize that "separate" UberPool trips are in the same friggin vehicle.

I wonder how Uber's algorithm atones for me making it from Rosslyn back out to Tyson's for a pick-up in 7 minutes. And then making the exact same "quick acceleration" in the exact same spot, paradoxically at the exact same time, though on different trips.
Ecoregion Map World Slope Rectangle

See less See more
#2 ·
So Uber tracks our accelerations and braking because they prefer their passengers be comfortable when you mow over bicyclists and pedestrians, because hard braking is dangerous driving.

Here is an example of Uber dinging me twice for the same instances because their own NannySoftware doesn't realize that "separate" UberPool trips are in the same friggin vehicle.

I wonder how Uber's algorithm atones for me making it from Rosslyn back out to Tyson's for a pick-up in 7 minutes. And then making the exact same "quick acceleration" in the exact same spot, paradoxically at the exact same time, though on different trips.
View attachment 137639
Flash forward 6 months to post from OP complaining that this gig destroys your car.

No, you destroy your car...

#8 ·
I have a 2006 vehicle that has never needed new shocks, only needed brake pads once, and never needed a new clutch, yet has 220,000 miles on it, including racing offroad three times. Please tell me more about how I'm a bad driver that destroys my cars because I triggered Uber's accelerometer alarm once.

Your credibility is definitely growing!

I take those acceleration warnings as real badges from Uber
Yea, I read through them with a smile too.

#9 ·
I have a 2006 vehicle that has never needed new shocks, only needed brake pads once, and never needed a new clutch, yet has 220,000 miles on it, including racing offroad three times. Please tell me more about how I'm a bad driver that destroys my cars because I triggered Uber's accelerometer alarm once.

Your credibility is definitely growing!
Lol. Yeah believable story and I'm sure your boyfriend will back you up on this one with more video.

Your car has 206k miles and never needed shocks = you have no idea what worn out shocks feel like.

220k and one set of pads.

You must think people are total idiots to believe such ridiculous crap.

Queue the, I work on my own cars and know more about car repair than everyone.

#3 ·

View attachment 137639
I take those acceleration warnings as real badges from Uber

#16 · (Edited)
I have Ceramic brake pads and got 80k out of them without scoring the rotors.
However, I have a chauffeur's foot. Easy on the accelerator, Easy on the brake.

You want to play cir 1940s Midtown Manhattan Cabbie from an old movie, that's your business. Just know,
most drivers don't play games cause the stakes of life, injury and destruction of private property are too high.

#20 ·
It's okay, tweedle dee and tweedle dum are probably making lots of assumptions that are wrong. Lacking basic reading comprehension will do that to them. Just look at the statement they are hung up on....1 set of brake pads. I stated that i needed new brake pads once. Anybody that passed 5th grade could extrapolate that to mean that I am on my second pair of pads. From tweedle-dee's own stat of going 80k miles on a set, the difference between 160k and 220k is not that big of a leap.

I also never said this vehicle was used for Ride-share. It has been used for many cross-country trips that covered well over 7,000 miles each. Highway miles don't wear brake pads, Cooter!

But whatevs, let them troll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.