Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Uber tracks our accelerations and braking because they prefer their passengers be comfortable when you mow over bicyclists and pedestrians, because hard braking is dangerous driving.

Here is an example of Uber dinging me twice for the same instances because their own NannySoftware doesn't realize that "separate" UberPool trips are in the same friggin vehicle.

I wonder how Uber's algorithm atones for me making it from Rosslyn back out to Tyson's for a pick-up in 7 minutes. And then making the exact same "quick acceleration" in the exact same spot, paradoxically at the exact same time, though on different trips.
upload_2017-7-11_10-34-27.png

·
Registered
265 Posts
So Uber tracks our accelerations and braking because they prefer their passengers be comfortable when you mow over bicyclists and pedestrians, because hard braking is dangerous driving.

Here is an example of Uber dinging me twice for the same instances because their own NannySoftware doesn't realize that "separate" UberPool trips are in the same friggin vehicle.

I wonder how Uber's algorithm atones for me making it from Rosslyn back out to Tyson's for a pick-up in 7 minutes. And then making the exact same "quick acceleration" in the exact same spot, paradoxically at the exact same time, though on different trips.
View attachment 137639
Flash forward 6 months to post from OP complaining that this gig destroys your car.

No, you destroy your car...

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts

View attachment 137639
I take those acceleration warnings as real badges from Uber

·
Banned
97 Posts
Flash forward 6 months to post from OP complaining that this gig destroys your car.

Steven, this forum is reserved for Entitled Snowflakes Only. YOUR use of Logic, Reasoning assessed according to strict principles of validity and conclusive evidence are not welcomed. Move along Sir!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Steven, this forum is reserved for Entitled Snowflakes Only. YOUR use of Logic, Reasoning assessed according to strict principles of validity and conclusive evidence are not welcomed. Move along Sir!
I should have realized it early on with all the "big business is screwing us posts here."

My bad....

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts

Your attempt at snark miserably failed. If you knew HPClays the way a lot of us in this area do, or read any of his previous posts, you'd know he's about the furthest thing from a snowflake you'll find. He's also one of the smartest drivers that posts here. I've increased profitability by following advice I've gotten from him.

He was venting about Uber being overly intrusive and constantly harassing us with meaningless driving notifications. I agree it's extremely annoying. He was trying to make a point, but you on your haughty high horse need to play internet snark genius.

Why don't you go back to Philly, make some freezer snowballs to throw at Santa Claus, and learn to think before you post.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have a 2006 vehicle that has never needed new shocks, only needed brake pads once, and never needed a new clutch, yet has 220,000 miles on it, including racing offroad three times. Please tell me more about how I'm a bad driver that destroys my cars because I triggered Uber's accelerometer alarm once.

Your credibility is definitely growing!

I take those acceleration warnings as real badges from Uber
Yea, I read through them with a smile too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a 2006 vehicle that has never needed new shocks, only needed brake pads once, and never needed a new clutch, yet has 220,000 miles on it, including racing offroad three times. Please tell me more about how I'm a bad driver that destroys my cars because I triggered Uber's accelerometer alarm once.

Your credibility is definitely growing!
Lol. Yeah believable story and I'm sure your boyfriend will back you up on this one with more video.

Your car has 206k miles and never needed shocks = you have no idea what worn out shocks feel like.

220k and one set of pads.

You must think people are total idiots to believe such ridiculous crap.

Queue the, I work on my own cars and know more about car repair than everyone.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Lol. Yeah believable story and I'm sure your boyfriend will back you up on this one with more video.

Your car has 206k miles and never needed shocks = you have no idea what worn out shocks feel like.

220k and one set of pads.

You must think people are total idiots to believe such ridiculous crap.

Queue the, I work on my own cars and know more about car repair than everyone.
"You must think people are total idiots" reminder, this is the Washington DC Forum.
Comes with the territory and this is the swamp the President wants to drain.

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Yes, we are on KIDDIES FORUM TODAY.
220k with 1 set of pads.
Do you break with your foots thru the floor????
No shocks?

You may bought with 200k and this is your first set of pads?

Lot if BS today.

·
Premium Member
22,839 Posts
So it was my response that triggered you but not his:

"Why don't you go back to Philly, make some freezersnowballs to throw at Santa Claus,"

Cause that made perfect sense....
Philadelphia has the worst fans in all of sports. Says a lot when your old Eagles stadium had a jail in it.

Stay classy Philly.

·
Banned
97 Posts
220k with 1 set of pads.
No shocks?

Lot if BS today.
I have Ceramic brake pads and got 80k out of them without scoring the rotors.
However, I have a chauffeur's foot. Easy on the accelerator, Easy on the brake.

You want to play cir 1940s Midtown Manhattan Cabbie from an old movie, that's your business. Just know,
most drivers don't play games cause the stakes of life, injury and destruction of private property are too high.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So you don't know about the snowballs at Santa Claus thing?
Of course I do and two things:

I don't live in Philly.

We aren't all philly sports fans

In the context of this thread it made no sense.

220k with 1 set of pads.
No shocks?

Lot if BS today.
Anyone that knows even the most basic fundamentals about cars know his post is pure bs.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who invited dumb and dumber
It's okay, tweedle dee and tweedle dum are probably making lots of assumptions that are wrong. Lacking basic reading comprehension will do that to them. Just look at the statement they are hung up on....1 set of brake pads. I stated that i needed new brake pads once. Anybody that passed 5th grade could extrapolate that to mean that I am on my second pair of pads. From tweedle-dee's own stat of going 80k miles on a set, the difference between 160k and 220k is not that big of a leap.

I also never said this vehicle was used for Ride-share. It has been used for many cross-country trips that covered well over 7,000 miles each. Highway miles don't wear brake pads, Cooter!

But whatevs, let them troll.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts