Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you contact CAS?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to a call to south Oshawa today and a 10 year old girl walked out by herself and tried to get in. I politely asked her where her parents were. She said her mom was inside and her dad was at work. I told her she couldn't ride by herself and she apologized and went inside. I pulled 2 houses up and waited for her mom to cancel the ride. She started texting me and demanding to know why I refused. I informed her it was against Uber policy and that she shouldn't put her daughter at risk like that. I would taking a huge risk as well. She went off on me until I decided to cancel and request the charge from Uber so I could get back on the road. It was a busy time in my area...

If you are picking up minors, you're putting the whole system at risk. One charge of child abuse or something in that vein and we are all going to look bad. Uber of course did the usual "use your discretion, blah,blah" "Minors aren't allowed to travel alone", but they will never reach out to this Account Holder and give her crap...so some other drivers will continue to take this little girl 20min across town....she says she does it all the time. I called CAS and informed them of it. I'm not having it on me if she gets hurt somehow by a creep.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've refused countless rides that were from high school kids.

If I see the destination is a high school or the rider looks really young, I'll ask for I.D.

If they're under 18 and using their parent's account = no ride and I immediately report it to FUBER as "Trip cancelled - rider gave false identity".

If a driver takes a minor, and the minor says he/she did something unlawful, it'll be a disaster for the driver. It's not worth the risk either way.

·
Super Moderator
15,936 Posts
Yeah I think Shuddle is gone. Too much liability.
Yupp, tried to do everything by the book, but couldn't compete against Uber.

Legit businesses have no chance against companies that are allowed to write their own laws.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Can you not take teen ?? Almost everyday i get a high school student going to school or home from school. Some time as little as under 10 years alone!! Does does uber policy say about it? Under 16 or 18 can not ride alone?
What is the appropiate help button from the apps to report this to uber?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Can you not take teen ?? Almost everyday i get a high school student going to school or home from school. Some time as little as under 10 years alone!! Does does uber policy say about it? Under 16 or 18 can not ride alone?
What is the appropiate help button from the apps to report this to uber?
Salman.

Your liability goes way up. When you take a young minor for a ride, do you have a note front their parents giving you permission? What if the cops think you kidnapped a child. It would take hours to figure it out.

It's really really a bad idea.

Imagine you have an accident.

Imagine you get an unruly child who decides to undo their seatbelt or jumps out of the car?

God forbid....what if the child says you abused them in some way? Or looked at the in a way that made them uncomfortable?

You will always be held at fault regardless of your role in any situation because children can not be held at fault.

It's a really really really bad idea

·
Registered
127 Posts

If I see the destination is a high school or the rider looks really young, I'll ask for I.D.

If they're under 18 and using their parent's account = no ride and I immediately report it to FUBER as "Trip cancelled - rider gave false identity".

If a driver takes a minor, and the minor says he/she did something unlawful, it'll be a disaster for the driver. It's not worth the risk either way.
Wow dude

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Ahh. I think under 16 is to young and 17 to 18 are just frigging annoying little shits so I prefer to skip those pax when I get a chance.

One young man (16) asked me if I always wanted to be an uber driver....

·
Registered
601 Posts

Here's something I'm not fully understanding.

Let's say, you take an 18 year old girl, and she says you sexually assualted her. How is that "better" than if it were a 17 year old?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Here's something I'm not fully understanding.

Let's say, you take an 18 year old girl, and she says you sexually assualted her. How is that "better" than if it were a 17 year old?
When you're in jail you will get shared around more if you assaulted a minor. 17 vs 18 will probably add a good 10-15 extra years to your sentence

1 - 20 of 49 Posts