I prefer Lyft for a multitude of reasons:
1. tipping through the app,
2. less pings but more profits
3. timer starts 1 minute after you click "arrive", not when pax get in car, or when you start moving whichever comes first.
4. if you cancel (after 5 minutes of a no-show), you get 100% of the cancel fee (but you must attempt to make contact with pax within the 5 min to qualify otherwise no cancel fee at all.
5. Automatic blocking of pax if you rate them 3 or less (meaning you'll never be paired again).
6. Generally a younger, hipper, friendlier crowd.
7. A bit more loyal customers (they prefer Lyft for a reason and tend to be more loyal to Lyft).