Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow men I'm so tired of pulling up loading there heavy ass bags into my trunk sometimes smal items on front seat, using my Fast track to get there late asses to lax cuz they didn't wana pay surge. Unloading there bags off and getting a thank u. Next time Ima pull up open my trunk let the lift there heavy bags see how it fells, and if they scratch my bumper Ima make them pay for it. Enough is enough

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I took 2 guys with 3 heavy luggage to LAX from Santa Monica. When I was exiting from 405 S to Howard Hughes, one guy says why you took this exit, you should take century blvd. Is this your first time to LAX? I said the route I took is short and fast one. Those MFs were cheap paid only $16, they could have paid at least $25 because I took them in rush hours without surge. I hauled their luggage off course no tip. I tip them with 1 star. Over 700 out of 5000 trips nobody told me which exit should I take to LAX.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I had a lady with her baby (at least brought the car seat) and one huge piece of luggage that I put in my trunk. Her airport ride was actually a min fare! Got that big piece of luggage out and placed on the curb for her. I got a "Thank you" and in return I gave her a 2 star. You use my trunk and especially going to the airport, you tip me. You waste my time with that min fare and then don't tip? You are getting a deduction. I rarely pick up a 4.6 or less. Do the same so our ratings deductions work on these people!

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's about time you all get togther and rent out the big billboard at LAX with a sign explaining how/why tips are not included but appreciated/needed with this low fares. Anyways this idea has been talked about before and I will acually put money to help out, just need some serious drivers to get involved. Obviously shutting down phone for an hour bs doesn't work because there are too many drivers who are clueless and don't know about tbis site. I tip all my uber drivers and have forced all my friends to do so too. ( only few cheapasses don't but **** them they probably don't tip no one either)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
It's about time you all get togther and rent out the big billboard at LAX with a sign explaining how/why tips are not included but appreciated/needed with this low fares. Anyways this idea has been talked about before and I will acually put money to help out, just need some serious drivers to get involved. Obviously shutting down phone for an hour bs doesn't work because there are too many drivers who are clueless and don't know about tbis site. I tip all my uber drivers and have forced all my friends to do so too. ( only few cheapasses don't but **** them they probably don't tip no one either)
Like my AVATAR?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took 2 guys with 3 heavy luggage to LAX from Santa Monica. When I was exiting from 405 S to Howard Hughes, one guy says why you took this exit, you should take century blvd. Is this your first time to LAX? I said the route I took is short and fast one. Those MFs were cheap paid only $16, they could have paid at least $25 because I took them in rush hours without surge. I hauled their luggage off course no tip. I tip them with 1 star. Over 700 out of 5000 trips nobody told me which exit should I take to LAX.
Lol what a moron that's the exit I take also. There is 2 ways to get there from there the uber navi takes the best rout for that destination. Cheap cheap cheap I wish they were forced to take a fukn cab so they can appreciate our service.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ay I'm not asking for much even a measly 5$ would make fell a little better like wow this guy actually appreciates what I did and that I didn't have to help with there luggage. Don't get me wrong I had 2 guys tipe a 20$ and I they didn't even have luggage. One appreciates my fast track. The other we had a good conversation. It just come to who u are like I said if u cheAp skate keep it up my fellow drivers will give out 1stars until u can't get a ride. If u tip we greatly appreciate the gesture.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This is unprecedented.
The pax was right.
Century adds several dolla's to the ride as the 405 shifts back to the east from Howard Hughes.
F'ck em. Get into the HOV lane and camp out till century.
More money and less stress.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know that 5star or 1 star really gets me I mean when I see a 4.9 at 5am I know 90% it's LAX but if we start giving out 1 stars for a non tipping pax that go to lax wont thst mess up the rating system. So I don't know how to act when they don't give a tip to lax I dame sure don't give a 5 star that for sure unless in rare occasions like I noticed that the pax couldn't afford to tip, but I don't know if we give out 1star it's gona lower the pax Rating and we might not pick them up and loose out on a lax run. I just want us drivers to be treated fairly.
WHAT DO u GUYS think we should do

·
Registered
632 Posts
pax couldn't afford to tip, but I don't know if we give out 1star it's gona lower the pax Rating and we might not pick them up and loose out on a lax run. I just want us drivers to be treated fairly.
That's no excuse. If pax can't afford even a $2 tip, don't order a ****ing Uber. If I can't afford to tip at a nice sit down restaurant, I don't eat there. If I can't at least tip my bartender $1, I drink at home. If I can't afford to tip my barber, I don't get a haircut until I can.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's no excuse. If pax can't afford even a $2 tip, don't order a ****ing Uber. If I can't afford to tip at a nice sit down restaurant, I don't eat there. If I can't at least tip my bartender $1, I drink at home. If I can't afford to tip my barber, I don't get a haircut until I can.
Ur right brother I agree with u 100% it's just I fell sry for them sometimes that's all, but once again ur totally right if I can't afford 5$ to tip that's usually and indication I shouldn't even be flying lol but anyway we need to focus on the rich cheap pax that take advantage of us all the time.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
You know that 5star or 1 star really gets me I mean when I see a 4.9 at 5am I know 90% it's LAX but if we start giving out 1 stars for a non tipping pax that go to lax wont thst mess up the rating system. So I don't know how to act when they don't give a tip to lax I dame sure don't give a 5 star that for sure unless in rare occasions like I noticed that the pax couldn't afford to tip, but I don't know if we give out 1star it's gona lower the pax Rating and we might not pick them up and loose out on a lax run. I just want us drivers to be treated fairly.
WHAT DO u GUYS think we should do
Are you treated nicely by Uber or riders (what %). Don't worry about the rating system as it is not created by us and not to benefit us. We say we want to pick up riders of 6 -5.0 star rating. If we rate 5* guy 4* for not tipping, then after some time we will start picking up 3.6*-4* paxs. So 4* would be new 5*. We rarely deserve less than 5*. Why riders get less than 5*? Tipping is not the only reason they they get less than 5* for airport run but for for many other reasons. I always talk about tip to my atleast 30% rider. They never tip, I get lower rating but I do not give up.

·
Banned
388 Posts
It's always something with ppl heading to the airport.... today I had one ride that went completely normal as can be tho...showed up dude had no bags nothing...said take him to lax got him there he got out gave me 2 bucks tip that's a 5* in my book

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you treated nicely by Uber or riders (what %). Don't worry about the rating system as it is not created by us and not to benefit us. We say we want to pick up riders of 6 -5.0 star rating. If we rate 5* guy 4* for not tipping, then after some time we will start picking up 3.6*-4* paxs. So 4* would be new 5*. We rarely deserve less than 5*. Why riders get less than 5*? Tipping is not the only reason they they get less than 5* for airport run but for for many other reasons. I always talk about tip to my atleast 30% rider. They never tip, I get lower rating but I do not give up.
Yes very true I just wana quote ur last 2 sentences. Ur right about what I said I agree with u and I bet same happens to me. I wana thank u for tell these chepos about tip even tho they don't listen. Atleast u r trying thank u. Uber on hopefully sht will get better

1 - 20 of 29 Posts