Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what you all feel should be the ratio of daily drivers vs Population in your area. I drive in a town of 75,000 that will swell up during weekends to 150,000 with tourists. I usually see about 4 to 6 drivers on the passenger App. But I wonder if that number of drivers can be a real number. If it shows 4 to 6 drivers how much more is not shown. I know when Uber left Austin they claimed to have over 10,000 drivers. I have a very hard time beliving that is correct. So give some idea what you feel should be right ratio to be profitable for Driver and Uber.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The number of drivers seen in the app at one time depends on market.. For us it is 6 max.. You should see different drivers just by moving the pin a bit.. Or by zooming. My point is there are more drivers than you see in the app.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I wonder what you all feel should be the ratio of daily drivers vs Population in your area. I drive in a town of 75,000 that will swell up during weekends to 150,000 with tourists. I usually see about 4 to 6 drivers on the passenger App. But I wonder if that number of drivers can be a real number. If it shows 4 to 6 drivers how much more is not shown. I know when Uber left Austin they claimed to have over 10,000 drivers. I have a very hard time beliving that is correct. So give some idea what you feel should be right ratio to be profitable for Driver and Uber.
Uber thinks it should be 50% so no one has to own a car. For right now they want all vehicles to be Uber lease and in the future it's Uber's SDCs. In reality it depends on the market, for example NYC needs a larger ratio than a rural city. But usually 1/10 of 1% should work. So if you live in a city of 100,000 you should have 100 drivers. Now don't forget that drivers don't work 24 hours a day. So out of the 100 drivers you will have 20-40 on at any given time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The psngr app only shows a Mac of 6 cars in one little square.......move a little more show up and some leave......6 at a time

·
Registered
653 Posts
So give some idea what you feel should be right ratio to be profitable for Driver and Uber.
What should be and what is are two very different things. I don't believe that there is a happy median on this. We as drivers would like to see a very low driver to rider ratio which would keep us busy and causes surge. Therefore we are better compensated for our time and effort.
Uber wants every vehicle possible on the road to keep riders happy and kill surges. Since Uber is truly in the "drivers seat" when it comes to this, it's gonna be their way.
We think our markets are over saturated but Uber goes crazy marketing for more drivers. If there are too many drivers on the road Uber looses nothing. It's your time waisted not their's. We are playing two different games. Uber has no skin in our game and they like it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts