Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent in an email because I was sick of seeing 20 rides for $10. This has happened for a month straight. Now, I sent in an email previously asking about how it all works cause I'd read other drivers posting ridiculously nice incentives AMD daily incentives which I've never seen once on my end.

Apparently favorites are played based on what? If it's merely based on what fares we're able to pickup and Uber Black gets better incentives at times I get it. Even if these other drivers are getting raped by their crappy lease program I'd get it.

We ALL are contracted the same and it really shouldn't matter though. They should rotate per what they've told myself and others I'm sure. Anyone else dig further into this? Feels quite a bit unfair to see people getting 9 for $35 multiple days in a row and we get shit.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I'm done being sick I'll do a test and report to everyone. Just seems really unfair that only certain drivers get incentives that others don't. We're all classified as contractors thus should be treated identical.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep getting the same 20 for $25 and 55 for $60. Meanwhile I have friends and family that barely do uber and the get 10 for 50 and 30 for 90. I understand that it's to motivate them to go out there but wow throw a bone to the ones that do. It sucks to see what others get compared to what I get.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Best I get is 25 for 40.. That 55 for 70 can blow me. 30 for 90 would be sweet.. My guess.. they're suburban drivers with little action

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Let me know if you find a pattern. When i asked those little green light people (probably a year ago) they insisted its random. While i'm skeptical, if they wanted bigger incentives to entice desired behavior wouldn't it make sense to tell us what they want and what we get? You know; pick up a poo and get a cookie?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It 100% is not random and tbh I'm sure how they use it is somehow illegal. As I said, we're all contractors and are supposed to be treated identical. If those are supposed to cycle, as they say, then they better start doing so. Is it worth bringing to court? Probably not because any lawyer will say it's so petty etc etc BUT at the same time it's not. At the end of the day it's just another show of how little they care about us, the drivers. My problem is I get a text every time O'Hare is needing drivers and is surging. Don't know why but I'll take a $30+ 15-20 minute ride anytime and take my merry ass right back home if I'm not up to driving.

PS: Just sent in a ticket regarding their app dropping off both my Uber Pool fares at the first address. Rather than inconvenience the rider I figured I'd sort it out with them. Idiots via contact don't understand plain English. Will try the hub tomorrow as I feel like *****ing someone out in person. Going to bring my crayons and coloring books along for the ride because I have a feeling I'll have to use pre-school methods to explain the situation.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
It 100% is not random and tbh I'm sure how they use it is somehow illegal. As I said, we're all contractors and are supposed to be treated identical. If those are supposed to cycle, as they say, then they better start doing so. Is it worth bringing to court? Probably not because any lawyer will say it's so petty etc etc BUT at the same time it's not. At the end of the day it's just another show of how little they care about us, the drivers. My problem is I get a text every time O'Hare is needing drivers and is surging. Don't know why but I'll take a $30+ 15-20 minute ride anytime and take my merry ass right back home if I'm not up to driving.

PS: Just sent in a ticket regarding their app dropping off both my Uber Pool fares at the first address. Rather than inconvenience the rider I figured I'd sort it out with them. Idiots via contact don't understand plain English. Will try the hub tomorrow as I feel like *****ing someone out in person. Going to bring my crayons and coloring books along for the ride because I have a feeling I'll have to use pre-school methods to explain the situation.
my incentives are pretty standard like most of the people ($25 for 25 and $70 for 55), which i think it's more of an indictment! i came across people in this forum have better and worse incentives whereas some others have daily morning incentives too. yes i know that it's not fair, but tbh, i am not sure that uber is supposed to treat us identically. each if us signed an individual contract with uber, not a collective contract. with a fineprint that incentives will be offered to drivers as it deems fit by uber, if such exists, each contracted driver can be seen differently in uber's eyes. i could be wrong as i am not a lawyer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ive noticed too if I dont drive for a couple of weeks or only do 2 or 3 hours my incentives go up. Then ill drive for a week or 2 and get crap incentives again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im always 100 percent acceptance, very rarely a cancellation and 4.94 rating and i get crap incentives more often than good ones. This week im 55 for $70 and 20 for $10.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sent in an email because I was sick of seeing 20 rides for $10. This has happened for a month straight. Now, I sent in an email previously asking about how it all works cause I'd read other drivers posting ridiculously nice incentives AMD daily incentives which I've never seen once on my end.

Apparently favorites are played based on what? If it's merely based on what fares we're able to pickup and Uber Black gets better incentives at times I get it. Even if these other drivers are getting raped by their crappy lease program I'd get it.

We ALL are contracted the same and it really shouldn't matter though. They should rotate per what they've told myself and others I'm sure. Anyone else dig further into this? Feels quite a bit unfair to see people getting 9 for $35 multiple days in a row and we get shit.

Thoughts?
Dont request, remember you are independant. Email them asking good promotions or will drive for the competitor(lyft) who give good promotions. Ask lyft to give motivational promotion to keep driving Lyft then Uber. Lyft gives me 1.7x to 2x in rush hour, if i get one long trip during this hours my day is all set. Iv never look for promotions(25 for $10).
One another thigg about finishig the promotions rides is, you will kee driving Uber just to finish promotion rides, keep both active and pay attention on both(i would say) if you have few more trips to go to get $10 promotion and if you are Lyft prime time zone hey turn the Lyft on and start driving you may end up getting long fair and make $15 extra just from prime time.
Drive smart

Maybe it's linked to acceptance rates. I'm at 100% 55 for $70. Let's have a few more examples.
I would say let them keep this secret. Lets not worry about how they do it. This is my 4th year with Uber. Promotion wont go over(as far my experience goes) Let put their promotions, mtiple base fare with rides they give to finish to get the promotion. $1.70/ride(=1.2x)(55rideX$1.70/base fare) You will get crazy promotion if i and some of us from here stop driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts