Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Hyper is one of the chineese/asian drivers here but he is oddly quiet so I guess this answers your question.

There's gotta be an impact not only for poor asian ants but for riders as well. Who do you think is going to take pax 6 mins 5 miles away in the city. Would you take it?

Screenshot_20200308-000644_Lyft Driver.jpg

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Hyper is one of the chineese/asian drivers here but he is oddly quiet so I guess this answers your question.

There's gotta be an impact not only for poor asian ants but for riders as well. Who do you think is going to take pax 6 mins 5 miles away in the city. Would you take it?

View attachment 427182
This is not even about the person ethnicity but F off I'm not driving that far for a pax, it's 2 min away minimum.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silver Kia Sportage LX
752 Posts
That's one of the things ticking me off about the CPS... it's a part of history. If they don't like it, too bad, but don't make the school year harder on kids.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Lessons unlearned when history is erased
On the other hand as I became older and more educated, I realized that this country was built on slavery and the genocide of natives. That's NOT the history school teaches. Nor does it tell you how Columbus and his crew treated the natives they were greeted with, enslaved and slaughtered them. Nor did I learn in school that it wasn't Columbus who discovered the "New World," Vikings had been coming to (what's now) the North American continent since the 11th century. Columbus had good PR.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Columbus Day was always a joke; 😂

“Real” history isn’t taught before college, they just “show you” what’s politically correct

They might as well declare my birthday a national holiday;

I discovered a booger on my finger from picking my nose

😂😂

·
Premium Member
2015 Silver Kia Sportage LX
752 Posts
On the other hand as I became older and more educated, I realized that this country was built on slavery and the genocide of natives. That's NOT the history school teaches. Nor does it tell you how Columbus and his crew treated the natives they were greeted with, enslaved and slaughtered them. Nor did I learn in school that it wasn't Columbus who discovered the "New World," Vikings had been coming to (what's now) the North American continent since the 11th century. Columbus had good PR.
Every country is built on slavery. I'm of Mexican descent. Mexicans were enslaved some 680 years. Mexicans enslaved each other. The Spanish had slaves, the british, Africa still enslaves people in parts, Singapore had slaves, China, Japan, Mongolia, Norway... you name it. Every damn country had a history of slavery. The point is, we learn to better ourselves from lessons learned in history. We teach our children's children the basis of said lessons by showing them downsides of history where we became better. Erasing that history destroys our foundation for knowledge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.