Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if we have 50 drivers go off-line. the system will kick in the surge within 8 minutes. Because those PAX are trying to locate the driver, and there is non around. so the system will boost the payout.

In april I used to be able to take people from stadium on 4.5 surge. Now I see people hanging around the stadium while being online at all times. The system think availablity is good, so no surge. This is not how it works. kapeesh.
i assume

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how do you plan to coordinate 50 drivers going offline at once?
well, i hope the word spreads. at least up until spring, older drivers were aware of this situation. but now we have a sruge of new drivers, who are not aware i guess.

now.

figure this out. would you rather drive 1 mile, 10 minutes for $20 or 1 mile 10 minutes for $3.20?

i guess if more people learn the Uber software program, the better money.

i think we should open a separate Contractor Office in Philadelphia, with management stuff to coordinate the drivers. Like, sending the text to certain driver in a particular location: Go-ffline. Then, Go-online. Well I am just dreaming.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This is one of the reasons I started a Zello channel. Zello is a CB-like app that lets you send quick voice messages to a channel. Download and install it and join UberPhiladelphia. Only got 4 so far.

I requested and texted a dude once in my area to get offline, because I know when my area surges on Saturdays. We could start requesting and texting high rating drivers (newbs) to do some "education."

If we can organize...we could really make it happen.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is one of the reasons I started a Zello channel. Zello is a CB-like app that lets you send quick voice messages to a channel. Download and install it and join UberPhiladelphia. Only got 4 so far.

I requested and texted a dude once in my area to get offline, because I know when my area surges on Saturdays. We could start requesting and texting high rating drivers (newbs) to do some "education."

i am defenetly in. we should organize. but the constant intravascular injection of newbs is the problem.

also i think you channel should be pinned on top of this forum.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This weekend is the slowest I've ever seen. I have an app called Drive Companion that alerts to surges...Sometimes the app dies and doesn't alert, but I restart it and I haven't seen a surge all day, which is weird for Saturday.

I think Lyft has probably been surging more - people haven't figured out the sale is over. The app doesn't work with Lyft though. We'll see what happens after 9, I'm taking it easy till then.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to download it tonight. Sounds great to me.
I just joined in. We should totally advertise this, word of mouth. Besides the surge it would be great talking to other drivers as well.

I used to be truck driver, and CB channel was great way of getting the information from other drivers. well, there was also a lot of cursing and argument. lol but it was fun.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Thank You!!

Just downloaded and joined the channel!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just joined in. We should totally advertise this, word of mouth. Besides the surge it would be great talking to other drivers as well.

I used to be truck driver, and CB channel was great way of getting the information from other drivers. well, there was also a lot of cursing and argument. lol but it was fun.
Why don't you post a thread. See if you can't get it pinned.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
if we have 50 drivers go off-line. the system will kick in the surge within 8 minutes. Because those PAX are trying to locate the driver, and there is non around. so the system will boost the payout.

In april I used to be able to take people from stadium on 4.5 surge. Now I see people hanging around the stadium while being online at all times. The system think availablity is good, so no surge. This is not how it works. kapeesh.
i assume
Lool first of all let me tell u that u have the right set of mind. I been telling this to all my La, ca drivers to do that so the maps will start surging. It's just hard cuz not everyone understands that concept and few drivers Fk it up for the rest. But keep on spreading the word hopefully ull see an improvement I did in my city.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, guys! It's good to see this post, as a newbie, only in business for 3 days. Even I have not done a surge so far, but I am also wondering about the same thing. I think every driver deserve better payout than minimum pay. So if we all work together, we can certainly make it happen.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts