Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are Uber drivers need to organize by going off line for ten minutes every hour on the hour... To show uber that drivers have power and need more money. As many of you drivers know when it is surging we have a lot of cancels because some of these people don't want to pay the extra fare... With a lot of short rides at $5.00 we get $2.60....
What do you think?
Charles

·
Registered
58 Posts
LOL... you think that would make a difference to them? 1. You're never going to get every driver to join 2. It wouldn't make a difference if you did.

You knew... or should have known what you were getting into when you signed on. If you don't like it then quit and find another occupation.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Another boycott proposed. When will people learn it will not happen.

Even if every driver in Tampa agreed with you how on earth would you ever find them. I will bet than less the 1% of Tampa drivers are on this board or the Tampa facebook pages.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole idea is to make it surge to 3 to 4 x the rate then come back on.... I see you guy like driving 10 $2.60 rides all day and night..... Plus when it surges these riders cancel the ride and wait for the surge to stop....

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The whole idea is to make it surge to 3 to 4 x the rate then come back on.... I see you guy like driving 10 $2.60 rides all day and night..... Plus when it surges these riders cancel the ride and wait for the surge to stop....
So if the idea is to build a surge but you say riders will wait it out or cancel when it surges.....what is the point?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL... you think that would make a difference to them? 1. You're never going to get every driver to join 2. It wouldn't make a difference if you did.

You knew... or should have known what you were getting into when you signed on. If you don't like it then quit and find another occupation.
Well if you listen to the commercial I can make $500.00 a day as much as you want... Most I have made in a day is $168.72 plus $42.00 in cash tips. I was just making a statement to make the area surge....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You can support the strike on Oct 16 to Oct 18 by Ordering rides and cancelling before the 5 mins grace period.

We need to call the attention of all new drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Try driving 24 hours in a straight day period, I'm sure you'll crack the 500 dollar mark making Ubers 500 dollar a day earning potential a true statement.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
And if you haven't realized by now once you and maybe ten drivers enter into the surge it slowly drops and then vanishes. Trying to get drivers to organzize to build up a surge is gonna have the same effect.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Trying to create surges is not that answer- supply and demand - there is a large supply of drivers that are willing to work for 6 or 7 $ /hr after expenses-
Many of us part time drivers looking to make 100$-
Many drivers will probably uber till their breaking even-
Its all about supply and demand-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts