Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few days ago, I've picked up Uberpool passengers from Atlanta Airport to downtown Atlanta. All 3 pax together to downtown Atlanta. Drops were all within 1miles of each other.

My pay from Uber is measly amount of $9.24.

I am sure Uber is charging each passenger at least $12-$15. I am pretty sure they have collected $36.00-$45.00. But they Only paid me for$9.24?

Are you kidding me?

Youtube guy is telling the same story. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Few days ago, I've picked up Uberpool passengers from Atlanta Airport to downtown Atlanta. All 3 pax together to downtown Atlanta. Drops were all within 1miles of each other.

I am sure Uber is charging each passenger at least $12-$15. I am pretty sure they have collected $36.00-$45.00. But they Only paid me for$9.24?

Are you kidding me?

Dont accept lower pay. Stand your ground against pool. If fewer and fewer drivers accept pool then fewer and fewer people will request it. Or it will cause surge. Either way we win, if you just say NO.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Are you kidding me?

Drivers keep complaining about pool even when they have a simple solution which is to stop accepting it . By now we all know it's a rip off . Uber X rates aren't too good but pool is even worse and why would anyone even accept it

·
Registered
443 Posts
Since I'm opted out I don't even get the pings. My acceptance rate is still at 100%.

I'm sure one day they will add me back to the pool group, which I will promptly ignore all the pool requests yet again.

Yes I get fewer rides not taking Pool, but I make more money than the brief time I did take pools. I don't have to deal with the drama of pool, nor the dangers that it inheriently invites.

Just wait till a girl gets dropped off at her house and then three drunk frat guys get dropped a block away and return and molest/rape said poor girl. That might be the straw that breaks pools back. I had two situations when I did take Pool where the girls were smart enough to see they were getting dropped first and asked me to drop them at a gas station for this very concern. I had a bartender riding with me via UberX that said he wouldn't do pool anymore because he didn't want the drunks to know where he lived (carries cash from being tipped all night).

These are the Pool killers and people should spread the word about the dangers inherit to pool. I think it would do a lot more good than simply *****ing about making less money.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Are you kidding me?

http://fei19.deviantart.com/art/Poo-Poo-148345533

·
Registered
821 Posts
Since I'm opted out I don't even get the pings. My acceptance rate is still at 100%.

I'm sure one day they will add me back to the pool group, which I will promptly ignore all the pool requests yet again.

Yes I get fewer rides not taking Pool, but I make more money than the brief time I did take pools. I don't have to deal with the drama of pool, nor the dangers that it inheriently invites.

Just wait till a girl gets dropped off at her house and then three drunk frat guys get dropped a block away and return and molest/rape said poor girl. That might be the straw that breaks pools back. I had two situations when I did take Pool where the girls were smart enough to see they were getting dropped first and asked me to drop them at a gas station for this very concern. I had a bartender riding with me via UberX that said he wouldn't do pool anymore because he didn't want the drunks to know where he lived (carries cash from being tipped all night).

These are the Pool killers and people should spread the word about the dangers inherit to pool. I think it would do a lot more good than simply *****ing about making less money.
On slow days I can only advise to do it but not pick up the second rider since drivers aren't well compensated for the second pick up and uber pockets majority of the second fare

·
Registered
443 Posts
all of you who say that they don't except pool what's your rating
4.90 rating, and they apparently fixed the acceptance bug so I'm at a 78% acceptance, 4% cancellation though I've been as high as 25% with no warnings from Fubar.

But understand I'm one of the few lucky folks that are opted out of pool, so the only trips I skip are shit ratings, grocery store vegabonds, and some stacked pings I ignore when they "magically" don't have a surge even though I may be in a 3x surge area.

Reactions: Britishpilot

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a month into driving...here's what I've been doing because I agree, pool is poo. If the pool is surge and its close by, I accept it then IMMEDIATLY, switch to "off line after the trip." I don't get anymore riders, and the passengers still gets their reduced rate. After I complete the trip I go back online. So far, Uber hasn't complained. Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts