Uber Drivers Forum banner

Drivers Being Dropped for Past Moving Violations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get this email???

You should have received an email from the background check provider regarding the recent submission.
Unfortunately we cannot reactivate your account at this time.

In order to pass the background check, you must have:

• A minimum of 1 year U.S. licensing history (if under 23 years old, must have at least 3 years licensing history)
  • A clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than 3 incidents in the past 3 years
  • No DUIs and no reckless driving
  • A clean criminal background check with no felonies or misdemeanors involving theft, violence or drugs in a given amount of time
  • No speeding violations for driving 20 mph or greater over the speed limit in the past 3 years.
  • We do not perform a credit check.
The email also includes a summary of your rights under federal law, such as your right to dispute the accuracy and completeness of information contained in the background report.

If you have questions or concerns about the information contained in the background report provided to you, or would like to submit a dispute regarding the accuracy or completeness of information contained in that report, you can do so by following the guidelines outlined in that email.

Unfortunately I'm unable to help with that process - the only way to submit a dispute is through the steps in that background check email.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've seen these deactivated based on a random second background check. I've not seen anything on how these deactivations were resolved.
As you know, safety is very important to Uber. Periodically, we re-run background checks for all Uber partner-drivers. Your background check had an issue which has prompted us to suspend your account until you go through the adverse action process with Hirease.

Please refer to the adverse action letter sent by Hirease and contact them directly at [email protected] for next steps. (Please note: the original email you got may have had the incorrect email address.)

More to follow as it is received...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
As you know, safety is very important to Uber
If safety was important to Uber, they would do background checks on the passengers. I wonder how many felons, child molesters, violent crime offenders, drug dealers and *****s have we all given rides to? I picked up rides from people being released from jail.

·
Registered
260 Posts
SO..... in Uber speak .. if you speed. .. or drive drunk. ... but don't get caught/charged/convicted ......then it's a lot like the sound of a tree falling in the forest with no one to hear it. ...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
-
Realityshark said:
I wonder how many felons, child molesters, violent crime offenders, drug dealers and *****s have we all given rides to?
Uber is in it for the moolah, remember? As long as the credit card goes through, a rider is good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts