Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been robbed? I started tonight and think I was about to get robbed. I delivered pizzas for years and know the feeling of what being robbed is like. Had a pickup for "laura" at 3200 Garfield s. Not the real address. Women is sitting on steps of dark house. And two dudes tried to get in on each side from behind. I pulled up and drove a ways, they started running so I left. What's your experience?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depends on where your driving.

I avoid N mpls at all costs. Just go look at the crime rates on the police website. I imagine quite a few drivers are doing similar things. Plus you don't see a lot of them camping around there anyway.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow so u were in north mpls?? I would avoid that area at all costs but be careful who you tell because they will label you a racist...downtown late night is also very dangerous...read the paper or look at crime maps...the media is trying to keep this on the down low......uber pays soooo little money it's not worth taking any safety risks....watch out for the Somali near campus and downtown...a lot of them r crazy nuts!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
It sounds like Laura wad paying for an Uber for the 2 dudes. You got scared and drove away. I highly doubt they were trying to rob you. Why would somebody give their cc info and then rob you? Are you a woman?

·
Registered
140 Posts
A lot of savages out there....a lot of people carry money...hell everyone has a decent phone....plus they might just steal your car....if u r a woman well u don't even want to think about it.......mpls is quickly catching up with Chicago..

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Has anyone ever been robbed? I started tonight and think I was about to get robbed. I delivered pizzas for years and know the feeling of what being robbed is like. Had a pickup for "laura" at 3200 Garfield s. Not the real address. Women is sitting on steps of dark house. And two dudes tried to get in on each side from behind. I pulled up and drove a ways, they started running so I left. What's your experience?
POST # 1/Raisin123: HA! YOU....DID THE
SMART THING!
You trusted your gut. You've probably
read about entitled PAX standing out-
side of #[F]Uber vehicles, REFUSING to
budge unless door is opened for them.
In TEN MONTHS of Intensive Reading
I have YET to hear of PAX "running to
catch their Ride." You saved yourself
from a Carjacking or Worse.

Time to ditch #[F]Uber or get a CCW,
pistola and TRAINING! I bet the "Perp
Bros." would've peed their "shortpants"
if you had exited car and taken aim.
Race-to-the-Bottom pricing has made
#[F]Uber "de rigeur" for drug dealers/
druggies/crack"ho"s/asstd. ne'er-do-wells.

Bison: Stay alive. Take NO JIVE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts