Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drivers, do yourselves a favor and DO NOT refer any new drivers.

The only way to make UBER listen and lift drivers pay rates is to make them go short on drivers. Not otherwise.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dont expect to receive payment either if you do! Had a family friend join Uber last time it was $400 and got them to use my referral code and Uber wouldn't pay the referral saying they didnt use my code. Odd since i entered the code myself when helping them register their account! Uber of course wouldn't budge so i just gave up!

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Dont expect to receive payment either if you do! Had a family friend join Uber last time it was $400 and got them to use my referral code and Uber wouldn't pay the referral saying they didnt use my code. Odd since i entered the code myself when helping them register their account! Uber of course wouldn't budge so i just gave up!
:)

You loose twice !

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Everytime this happens the idiots refer their mates for quick cash and then whinge later when price cut comes.

Don't refer and keep the market controlled. The 400$ isn't worth it because it will be much worse when prices drop due to too many drivers

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Drivers, do yourselves a favor and DO NOT refer any new drivers.

The only way to make UBER listen and lift drivers pay rates is to make them go short on drivers. Not otherwise.
Uber have been around for a few years now and have not mabe a habit of lifting rates.

They will not listen and they will not go short on drivers.

This has been demonstrated around the world.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
BTW..... Its $400 if someone has already used your referral code.... or $600 if its your first referral! $400 + $200 bonus!

Got the email today as well. Guessing drivers must be a bit thin ;)

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
They will not listen and they will not go short on drivers.
Ben Hall, I am convinced there is a shortage of drivers going on what occurred to me twice this morning. Was in Nth Melbourne and got a ping to pick up in Collins Street, CBD. Dropped the pax in Collingwood then received another ping also in Collins Street. 09:00 and pings from North Melbourne and Collingwood to go the CBD screams out driver shortage.

Agree totally with James66, do not refer anyone to Uber

I also received the same Email as LevelX offering a $200 bonus on top of the $400.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Why not just give us the bonus for increasing the amount of drives we do a week? Seems to work in other markets which they have done this in. Drivers would prefer to earn an incentive than increase the competition for the sake of $400 bucks

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
and pick up your Mars Bar!
Coles has them on sale this week for $1.... So Uber should buy up big and save.

Why not just give us the bonus for increasing the amount of drives we do a week?
It depends on if drivers are not driving a lot of hours,or drivers are just not driving now because the rates are so poor.

If its the later, then bonuses are only a short term 'fix' and the problem is only going to get worse as drivers 'wake up'.

For me, Its my primary income, so the tax hit etc isn't as bad as if it was my second income. So its still workable until the next rate cut.

I am convinced there is a shortage of drivers going on what occurred to me twice this morning
I would have to say, today was a THIN day out there this morning. I checked the pax app as I was coming back from the airport, to see how I would come back to avoid the other drivers, I'm like... yikes, its thin in the burbs today. Why isn't it surging out here!? Anyhow came back via my normal route and once I got past the 'I don't do rides from these suburbs' and turned on Uber, it was BAM job.... and the same after dropping them off etc.

Me not complain ;)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Sadly surges are pretty much dead. Even no surge in the morning any more. The only surge I see are in city after work and nothing in suburbs.
Even getting harder on Saturday night. No surge = no ride ever again??

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Did not get one surge job today but like LevelX hardly had a break. Fourth airport job around 1pm and I called it quits. After many weeks of seeing this I'm convinced there is a shortage of drivers through the week but Uber are reluctant to invoke the surge. Sorry for banging on about it but cutting the rates last March has led to much angst, it is why drivers like UXDriver do what they do and it is the reason why the last ones standing are getting stupid ping times. It is why we should NOT refer anyone

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice idea, pajala! After 1000 rides come in and pick up your Mars Bar!
Uber offer $500 in New York for completing 100 rides in a month tell me that wouldn't get you out of the candy store and into your car you flog

·
Registered
621 Posts
We do realise its school holidays so there are less people on the road and less people requiring Ubers so it will not surge as much in the morning during the next two weeks. Guys just prey for rain!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts