Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Pax in East Cobb this morning for an early AM Select ride to the airport. She was a great Pax and we had conversations for most of the trip.
She told me that she long ago gave up on the X platform... too many issues with cars and cleanliness of the vehicles. Has been using Select ever since both hear in town and out of town.
Last week she had a Select ride from East Cobb to South Terminal. The driver MISSED THE AIRPORT EXIT !!!!
REALLY????? This driver missed the world's largest airport !!!! All I can say is he must not be from around here. And what the he'll are you doing driving uber Select riders in Atlanta??

Rider said she was on her computer in the back seat and was not paying attention. When she finally looked up they were at Flat Sholes Rd. Missed the Hartsfield-Jackson airport !!! I asked her if she gave him 1 star ... she did not ... gave him 3 stars she felt bad for him. SMH

·
Registered
366 Posts
Picked up a Pax in East Cobb this morning for an early AM Select ride to the airport. She was a great Pax and we had conversations for most of the trip.
She told me that she long ago gave up on the X platform... too many issues with cars and cleanliness of the vehicles. Has been using Select ever since both hear in town and out of town.
Last week she had a Select ride from East Cobb to South Terminal. The driver MISSED THE AIRPORT EXIT !!!!
REALLY????? This driver missed the world's largest airport !!!! All I can say is he must not be from around here. And what the he'll are you doing driving uber Select riders in Atlanta??

Rider said she was on her computer in the back seat and was not paying attention. When she finally looked up they were at Flat Sholes Rd. Missed the Hartsfield-Jackson airport !!! I asked her if she gave him 1 star ... she did not ... gave him 3 stars she felt bad for him. SMH
LOL. Story like this keeps me going. LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts

Not going to lie, I have missed the airport by one exit. But luckily it was just the off ramp for 85 south ramp to the domestic terminal. I still felt really dumb.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The thing is, 1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars, 4 stars and 5 stars pay the same. The only thing wrong that driver did was increase his pay for the trip. Humans make mistakes. The first time I dropped off at the airport I honestly didn't know if I left them at the right place. I almost missed the exit once but that was because my rider was distracting me. It's funny how bad drivers are getting.

·
Registered
821 Posts

cant he read the signs ?

·
Registered
366 Posts

Thats like off course by 16miles around trip. What was he doing? Sleep driving? LOL.
Even if you miss Airport Exit, isnt there oldnational hwy exit to turn around? There is also another exit to get off before old national hwy.
Driving all the way down to Flat Sholes Rd. Waaay OFF. LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
I missed one time coming around 285 and then back up 85 North. So I had to exit instead at Camp Creek and turn around. This was back in the early days when I made the mistake of closing out the ride due to my error. Never happened again, as I make sure I'm in proper lane very early.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I missed one time coming around 285 and then back up 85 North. So I had to exit instead at Camp Creek and turn around. This was back in the early days when I made the mistake of closing out the ride due to my error. Never happened again, as I make sure I'm in proper lane very early.
If you exited on Camp Creek ... just continue on Camp Creek to the airport. If on the outer loop west side take the camp Creek exit ... it's the best way to the airport.
If you don't know the airport area, do the world a favor ... take an hour or so and ride all around the area so you can understand the airport relative to I85, I75, I285, Virginia Ave. Loop Rd. Cleveland Ave. Riverdale Rd. Sullivan Ave. etc. If you find yourself in Morrow turn around and hear back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm man enough to admit missing the 85 domestic off shoot ONCE, last week lol. I was in a really good conversation and just completely brain farted at 4:30am.

The pax and I both chuckled and I was like well that's the biggest screw up of the year for me, I appologize. He was totally cool, looped around gave me a $10 tip, 5 stars, and I think he left the expert navigation tag I got that morning as some humor.

So, yea, even a guy who used to fly 2-300k miles a year out of hartsfield and knows the airport better than my ballsac can screw up every now and again. Shit happens.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
For anyone going to the Airport on 285 from Cobb, where does your Waze App tell you how to get there? Mine keeps directing me 20 east, then 85 south. I refuse to do that, and choose to stay on 285 toward either Camp Creek or Domestic exits.
Are you navigating based on the pax's destination in the app? It may be leading you towards the international terminal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.