Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend and I are in Hooters in Seabrook tonight having dinner. All of a sudden this guy comes in and starts hollering "Did someone call for an Uber? I received a request for an Uber." This is an older gentlemen with what I believe is an Indian accent. Keep in mind that my friend and I were seated way in the back of the restaurant so this guy was determined. He proceeds to ask the waitresses sitting at a table behind us counting their earnings "Do you know if anyone requested an Uber?". Then the waitresses start going to different areas and asking tables if they requested an Uber. Then I hear what sounds like a managers voice yell the same thing loudly for the entire place to hear.

I made a half assed attempt to get the drivers attention, while he was near our table, and ask if he called the pax or even just to give him advice to cancel as a no show and get the cancellation fare but by that time he had created such a rukus that I was merely in the background.

Personally I never have, nor ever will, get out of my car to hunt down a pax. The question though: have any of you done something similar? Or would you in a special circumstance (not that I could think of any that would warrant this)?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
So a friend and I are in Hooters in Seabrook tonight having dinner. All of a sudden this guy comes in and starts hollering "Did someone call for an Uber? I received a request for an Uber." This is an older gentlemen with what I believe is an Indian accent. Keep in mind that my friend and I were seated way in the back of the restaurant so this guy was determined. He proceeds to ask the waitresses sitting at a table behind us counting their earnings "Do you know if anyone requested an Uber?". Then the waitresses start going to different areas and asking tables if they requested an Uber. Then I hear what sounds like a managers voice yell the same thing loudly for the entire place to hear.

I made a half assed attempt to get the drivers attention, while he was near our table, and ask if he called the pax or even just to give him advice to cancel as a no show and get the cancellation fare but by that time he had created such a rukus that I was merely in the background.

Personally I never have, nor ever will, get out of my car to hunt down a pax. The question though: have any of you done something similar? Or would you in a special circumstance (not that I could think of any that would warrant this)?
10x surge MAYBE. I'll do a lot if the money is right. Otherwise I prefer the cancel fee most times.

·
Registered
384 Posts
He must be a newbie, no way in hell I'm getting out if my car to look for anybody. If you're not there after 5 minutes I'm out. The only way I would wait or try to call is if I needed one more trip to hit the guarantee.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The most I'll do is ask a valet guy if there is one.

If it's after a concert or game, and I'm on the phone with the PAX, I'll stand up. But that's about it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Me and a friend have had several complaints on 2 guys in that area. Hope this isn't a new driver. We have been saying to 1star them.
Complaints are everything from being real rude and driving 10mphs under speed limit to running red lights. Uber scrapes the bottom sometimes with drivers.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Nope, wouldn't get out of the car. I think I saw that guy at the Houston permitting center last week.
Wasn't he the one who didn't bring any paperwork and got sent to the computers to download them and print them out so he could fill them out?

(Honestly, I saw a guy who was at the training session I attended leave the window at the HPC and go to the computers. Young kid. Guess he had trouble figuring out the steps. They're really not hard, just a PITA.)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
What a complete DUMBASS!!!. pull up, hit a timer(Learned from Bukrub), text em, maybe call, after the 5.25 min timer goes, off.. adios.
Take their money. Never EVER do something like that. There are ALL KINDS of bad things that can happen.
Plus it is not our job to play Jackass Herder. ;)

RC

·
Registered
695 Posts
Had one today in the heights. He called and asked if his luggage would fit, I said it would. Arrived at location texted I was there. Pax said he would be down in 2 minutes. 4:45 seconds later I was rolling. At 5.05 cancelled. 6 bucks logged and caught another call to IAH. Screw Simir. I ain't his Valet.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I had one I had to wait for, but I've been having a lot of problems with my app and Google maps. She showed me where it showed I was ten minutes away. I didn't even start that far away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts