Uber Drivers Forum banner

driver in philly looking to possibly move to denver/denver area

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BostonTaxiDriver 
#1 ·
so i'm putting plans in motion to move out to denver in the next few months...do drivers do well out there? i'd be coming out possibly before i search for a job and using uber/lyft to get by full time til a good job comes along

also, has anyone ever moved to another state while driving for uber? what's the process like as far as switching licenses and what not and is there a waiting period til you can start driving in new state?

#2 ·
Some states allow drivers from some contiguous states to join without getting new plates and a local in-state driver's license. Not sure about Colorado. (Am also interested in possibly relocating to Denver in a couple of years.)

I hear they especially hate Californians and Texans moving there, but by now, they likely hate east coasters and anyone else moving there. Rents have skyrocketed in the past few years.

You'll need a job to find an apt., unless you already plan on staying with friends or family. In other words, I don't think you'll be able to do any type of rideshare in CO with Pennsylvania plates; and in order to get CO plates, you'd need to show proof or residency. And how to get residency without a job? I doubt Uber qualifies unless you can show a year of Uber incone? That's my dilemma.

#3 ·
whew that's a lot of shit to get done...i'll be continuing a job search while i'm still in philly and am realistically looking into outside of denver somewhere where rent is cheaper (any suggestions on where to apartment search would be appreciated as well)

i'm assuming finding residence is based on credit check? mine is half decent, not great but it shouldn't keep me from landing a place to live...

#5 ·
When I type in "credit score" or "fico" on Craigslist in different cities, any ads appearing usually state a minimum credit score of 635-640 or so...sometimes they want over 700, a few may go as low as 575 (yikes!).

It's almost impossible to even rent a room or YMCA room, never mind apartments, without a local job with proof of income, sometimes three to six months minimum. Believe me, I've checked. Not that YOU can't..

What about pizza delivery? Lots of ads on Denver CL, and possibly better "dough" for fewer miles. Unless you just do like the social interaction with pax so much.

Check a favorite site of mine for questions on moving issues: city-data Denver forum. Lots of good advice on moving to and living in Denver and almost any city.

Despite the naysayers in the previous post discouraging you from moving there (understandable!), I get nearly universal positive feedback from living there, from people I meet in the cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.