Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
If they looked threatening, i would have played it cool and stopped incoming requests. Gave them a 1 star (enough 1 stars and theyll never get another ride again anyways).

Its not worth it to start a conflict, do the ride and move on with your life. You wont be any less of a man, but more of a smart individual. Sometimes you have to take other peoples shit, oh well. 15 minutes gone, you still get paid some money, and you leave the situation in one peice. Its a win imo.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Truth^
The driver messed up by trying to pry them out, which he did. but he got punched a couple of times..
Driver couldn't even defend himself from punches, what if they had weapons?

I know for a fact i can defend myself from just punches or grappling, but i wouldn't even attempt to start a conflict with anybody, just on the off chance that they had knives or a gun on them. It's not worth it to find out.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
the one thing I used to stress to those being trained in defensive tactics and unarmed combat tactics was this....

Know yourself.

This is the most important knowledge you can have. Why? Because you virtually never know who you will be fighting and under what circumstances you will be fighting under. You might tell people you are tougher than you really are. You might act tougher than you really are. But you know exactly who you are. And that's everyone.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
If someone is an immediate threat to you, you have the right as a US Citizen to defend yourself with REASONABLE FORCE.

If I were ever in this situation. I would personally take out my pocket knife, and stab the guy in the leg or groin area. And then wait for the cops to be called to the scene.

Once a person assaults you, especially a fist attack. You have the right to defend yourself with a weapon of your choice, so long as you don't go overboard.

I think everyone needs to carry pepper spray or at least a swiss army knife with them, in case you get in this type of situation.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know if Uber released the rider's info to police? This is a criminal matter after all.
Uber will probably not release that without a subpoena. I hope they do catch that guy and driver sue the bastard for everything he's got.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
If someone is an immediate threat to you, you have the right as a US Citizen to defend yourself with REASONABLE FORCE.

If I were ever in this situation. I would personally take out my pocket knife, and stab the guy in the leg or groin area. And then wait for the cops to be called to the scene.

Once a person assaults you, especially a fist attack. You have the right to defend yourself with a weapon of your choice, so long as you don't go overboard.

I think everyone needs to carry pepper spray or at least a swiss army knife with them, in case you get in this type of situation.
best aviod it. pull out a knife and you just escalated it to life to death.

really tough situation to be in but you can assume the guy wont go to far since the pax that called can be identified. stay in the car and call the cops and let them leave on thier own.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Driver couldn't even defend himself from punches, what if they had weapons?

I know for a fact i can defend myself from just punches or grappling, but i wouldn't even attempt to start a conflict with anybody, just on the off chance that they had knives or a gun on them. It's not worth it to find out.
Weapons or not, the dude had a missing finger. He doesn't have a full grip on anything so him having a secure grab isn't going to work. Lol.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If I were the driver, I'd ask the cops to go straight to the rider's house (the girl) and get her to talk. If she doesn't talk, you start looking at her known associates and Facebook/Instagram account. Willing to bet there's plenty of info there where she was at. If that doesn't work, the police can check phone records to determine who she was in contact with before and after the event. Easy peasy. Get the sleazys.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
the pax / customer is an accessory, they can be charged also.

it is one safegauard as a driver but it is null if you provoke things, even if its not really your fault.

the best thing for them is to leave without incident

1 - 20 of 25 Posts