Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL;DR at bottom

So firstly as I've said plenty of times, luxury cars do not belong on UberX. Maybe fully depreciated 8-10 year old models but even so, have some respect a vehicle that's 20k MSRP over what most people are driving around.

So last night this genius illegally parks in front of me at one of my go-to spots. I purposely take the closest legal spot obviously. He sits there for what seems like 8 minutes for some reason (5 and cancel) then he finally leaves.

I notice another area in town has been somewhat consistent for surge this particular night (honeycomb surge map is garbage btw). I decide to mosey on over there which I typically don't do as of course I want to start my first ride from my hot-spot which is near where I live. New area was surging 2.0x.

So I'm cruising towards the area, never more than 5mph over the speed limit, and I approach a street with many street lights in a row. Yellow light comes on and I stop, guy to my left stops. Well HERE COMES Mr.Depreciation behind him lol he passes the guy on my left and goes through a changing yellow. Uh ohh I think (laughing), I know the light sequences as I'm sure a lot of you guys do in your areas. If you book it through that yellow you'll make maybe 1-2 lights before the 3rd light up the roads cuts to red abruptly before the others.

Well I sit there waiting.. green means go! Alright off to the new staging area. Approach the last light..and..I see cop lights! O M G Life, please don't tell me... guys it's Mr.LosingMoneyEveryMile BUSTED speeding through these lights trying to chase a weak 1.5x! I slowed down and made sure it was him, it was, Uber trade dress and everything. Karma never felt so satisfying. Busted out laughing and continued on my professional, law abiding way. If you drive unprofessionally you deserve 100% of tickets you receive.

IMG_8721.JPG

TL;DR - Driver got busted illegally speeding to a 1.5x

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
HERE COMES Mr.Depreciation Mr.LosingMoneyEveryMile
So I'm sitting at Sky Harbor waiting for my clients to fly in. It's 114 here in Phoenix. I know traffic is going to be horrible on a Friday, even with the HOV Lane. Then I jump on UP.Net and BAM!!!!!! Instant comedy. Thank you MikesUber for making my Friday afternoon in the middle of the Sonoran Desert a little more tolerable.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Just goes to show that having money doesn't mean you have intelligence or good sense. Many times success is good timing and dumb luck. His ran out it seems.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just goes to show that having money doesn't mean you have intelligence or good sense. Many times success is good timing and dumb luck. His ran out it seems.
Eh older model, I bet he makes less than I do. I don't want to dump 20K into what looks like a 2009 e350. I buy my cars new because I take great care of them and don't want to take on some meathead's driving style.

Great moment of karma though, it's actually like the tortoise and the hare lol I'm a professional, he's a joke and got busted for pure greed and I just putted along past him lol'ing the whole time

Reactions: D Town

·
Registered
27 Posts
I won't try to defend the guy driving the Benz; as far as his driving habits or his intelligence; but be careful sterotyping. Occasionally I uBer in my wife's 2007 E-350,( not the one pictured!) But, it's a GREAT car with 140,000 miles. Book value is about $6,000.00. Don't knock it til you've tried it! (riders seem ok with it, too!)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't try to defend the guy driving the Benz; as far as his driving habits or his intelligence; but be careful sterotyping. Occasionally I uBer in my wife's 2007 E-350,( not the one pictured!) But, it's a GREAT car with 140,000 miles. Book value is about $6,000.00. Don't knock it til you've tried it! (riders seem ok with it, too!)
Understandable, I love luxury cars, I've talked on here about buying a used 2011-2014 BMW 3-Series and I follow a few BMW Channels on YouTube as well. Luxury cars are beastly but 1. They are not for UberX, only UberSelect/UberBlack and 2. They are typically very expensive to maintain as you need foreign parts and specialty service shops. Still prefer buying new so I'm shying away from this now.

What I don't like are these idiots driving this cars around with no class. These cars are upscale vehicles, and new cars deservingly go to successful individuals (yes or kids with rich [yet successful] parents).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Understandable, I love luxury cars, I've talked on here about buying a used 2011-2014 BMW 3-Series and I follow a few BMW Channels on YouTube as well. Luxury cars are beastly but 1. They are not for UberX, only UberSelect/UberBlack and 2. They are typically very expensive to maintain as you need foreign parts and specialty service shops. Still prefer buying new so I'm shying away from this now.

What I don't like are these idiots driving this cars around with no class. These cars are upscale vehicles, and new cars deservingly go to successful individuals (yes or kids with rich [yet successful] parents).
You seem to envy him for his vehicle, but you want a new vehicle for uberselect? He has no class for being busted?

This doesn't make much sense. Sounds like you're very jealous without even knowing him. Too many people are that way. Jealous of a person they know nothing about, just assuming what they can. Even after meeting they are still jealous with something bad to say... not until they feel above them then they'll do everything to make that person feel bad, and for what? The mind of a lunatic.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You seem to envy him for his vehicle, but you want a new vehicle for uberselect? He has no class for being busted?

This doesn't make much sense. Sounds like you're very jealous without even knowing him. Too many people are that way. Jealous of a person they know nothing about, just assuming what they can. Even after meeting they are still jealous with something bad to say... not until they feel above them then they'll do everything to make that person feel bad, and for what? The mind of a lunatic.
lol okay okay, where do I break this apart..

-I'm jealous of people driving NEW luxury Audi's and BMW's (in general, not even talking about Uber). Mercedes Benz are nice cars just not my style. He doesn't even have a new Benz so no I'm not jealous. I think he's ill-informed for even driving that on UberX rates.

-Never said I want a new luxury car for UberSelect; they don't even have Select here in Pittsburgh. I'm saying if you are going to drive a luxury car for Uber it better be on UberSelect or UberBlack.

·
Registered
325 Posts
TL;DR at bottom

So firstly as I've said plenty of times, luxury cars do not belong on UberX. Maybe fully depreciated 8-10 year old models but even so, have some respect a vehicle that's 20k MSRP over what most people are driving around.

So last night this genius illegally parks in front of me at one of my go-to spots. I purposely take the closest legal spot obviously. He sits there for what seems like 8 minutes for some reason (5 and cancel) then he finally leaves.

I notice another area in town has been somewhat consistent for surge this particular night (honeycomb surge map is garbage btw). I decide to mosey on over there which I typically don't do as of course I want to start my first ride from my hot-spot which is near where I live. New area was surging 2.0x.

So I'm cruising towards the area, never more than 5mph over the speed limit, and I approach a street with many street lights in a row. Yellow light comes on and I stop, guy to my left stops. Well HERE COMES Mr.Depreciation behind him lol he passes the guy on my left and goes through a changing yellow. Uh ohh I think (laughing), I know the light sequences as I'm sure a lot of you guys do in your areas. If you book it through that yellow you'll make maybe 1-2 lights before the 3rd light up the roads cuts to red abruptly before the others.

Well I sit there waiting.. green means go! Alright off to the new staging area. Approach the last light..and..I see cop lights! O M G Life, please don't tell me... guys it's Mr.LosingMoneyEveryMile BUSTED speeding through these lights trying to chase a weak 1.5x! I slowed down and made sure it was him, it was, Uber trade dress and everything. Karma never felt so satisfying. Busted out laughing and continued on my professional, law abiding way. If you drive unprofessionally you deserve 100% of tickets you receive.

View attachment 45946

TL;DR - Driver got busted illegally speeding to a 1.5x
What do we need shitty pax giving us hell for when we can just tear each other apart

·
Registered
446 Posts
What do we need shitty pax giving us hell for when we can just tear each other apart
That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe the guy already owned the car, had a different job, lost it, fell on hard times, and is just trying to use it to make (some) ends meet right now. Happened to me. Granted, I drive a CLEAN 2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor that was never cage and has seats that you could eat off of, and I only paid $3500 with low miles... but not everyone has that luxury. And I already happened to have it as a daily driver. This guy might have been in a similar situation, although he might have made a mistake by speeding through stuff to get to his pax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts