Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would think that you shouldn't have that many no shows, but I know some nights I've had 10% easily.... However, other than that, I can see why they should try to minimise the number of accept and then cancels. I wonder if the rider cancels are counted as well? You could always contact the rider and let them know why you want to cancel, and then let them cancel instead.....

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Happy to let pings all time out now

On my 4th ban of today

They clearly state they can't deactivate you now for ignoring pings but can for cancels

Greater than 8 min drive NOT happening

·
Registered
282 Posts
What happens if the current passenger has a last minute decision to extend the trip and I still get a new trip request? Does it count if I do not pick up a trip before I complete an active trip?

Yesterday I had to do it twice and I get a sweet reminder "Pro Tip" on how to use accept new trips while I am already on one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If Sydney supposedly has 11000 drivers in its ranks now, why should anyone drive more than 7-10 minutes to a pick up when there is no guarantee of what your final earnings for that ride will be?

If Uber really wants us to take these long pick ups we need the following:

1. A booking fee

2. Cancellation fee to be granted if the ride is cancelled by the pax at any time (not just after the first 5 minutes)

3. Surge at least 1.3x to make up for the dead km in getting to the pick up

·
Registered
243 Posts
Certainly agree with that. If the surge isn't based on the time for the nearest driver to get there, then wtf is it based on? If you're going over about 8 minutes you be getting something extra on a sliding scale. If you're getting a 20min request in the core area with no surge then something's seriously wrong (I've had that). 2x minimum for that shit I reckon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
See there us a difference.
You have 11000 drivers and you have 11000 Active drivers
I would reckon not more than 30-40% really do uber seriously and others are mostly doing it a few times a month or not interested though registered, and even those who have registered till date but deactivated.
Reason being:
1) in no way can Uber sustain such a big driver base with not that many rides. Other than the main areas, there is virtually no effective use or demand of Uber, so not many customers taking rides
2) as a business i would always show a bright picture rathen than a bleak one. So if i had 3000 active ones, I would still say i have more than double of that to give a good picture

·
Registered
266 Posts
If Uber really wants us to take these long pick ups we need the following:

1. A booking fee

2. Cancellation fee to be granted if the ride is cancelled by the pax at any time (not just after the first 5 minutes)

Correct and required.

If the surge isn't based on the time for the nearest driver to get there, then wtf is it based on? If you're going over about 8 minutes you be getting something extra on a sliding scale. If you're getting a 20min request in the core area with no surge then something's seriously wrong (I've had that). 2x minimum for that shit I reckon.
Indeed.

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Just pick up all trips. You'll see what magic happens when you're still on a trip, accept a new ping, and then change the destination before ending the first trip. It's all magic, I tell you :D

Have done it before to get rid of non-surge stacked pings.

What happens if the current passenger has a last minute decision to extend the trip and I still get a new trip request? Does it count if I do not pick up a trip before I complete an active trip?

Yesterday I had to do it twice and I get a sweet reminder "Pro Tip" on how to use accept new trips while I am already on one.

·
Registered
565 Posts

I had that happen before.. Pax put in the suburb not the address & we were in that suburb... Soon as they got in the car - another ping came in, I accepted - then I had to drop off 2 people, one was in an adjacent suburb...

The pax for the stacked ping canceled... After I dropped the last guy off it pinged again for the stacked ping who canceled a few mins before... I picked them up as I was the only car around & she said, I saw that you were on another ride but you kept going further away so I canceled it...

If you get another ping during your ride accept it & just continue, if the next people don't want to wait they will cancel ... :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts