Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is there any one who can tell me what should we do if any driver has attacked by a rider?

Actually that's happen to me. I got request from hempstead turnpike east meadow Long Island at 12/6/15 - 1:42am. I reached there, nobody shown up. Then I call the rider after 5-6 mins he came to my car. When he entered in my car he was smelling alcohol. I asked him about his destination to make sure the address I got in my phone it's right. He answered me : do u think I'm dumb, go to that add. When I reached there he yelled on me, he said : r u playing with me & & bla bla......Then I was confirm the he is drank. I became as polite as I can and I said, no sir I'm not doing anything u can check your phone I drove as per ur address. Anyway give me your address I'll drop you home. Then I drove him in his new add. When I stopped he opened the door and all of a sudden started punching in my head from the back. When I turned into back to says what r u doing sir please get off from my car he punched me in my face at list five - six times. Then I shout out loud and said if u don't get off from my car I'll take u to the police station. He jumped out from my car. I just scape from that place and and call 911. They took me to the hospital. My two nasal bones are broken and it took 18 hours to stop bleeding. My hole face is bruised. Doc said it will take at list 5-6 weeks to recover.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Absolutely FILE ASSAULT CHARGES... immediately! UBER has to know about the behaviour of this Pax and remove his App privileges. Send Uber the police report and make sure Uber cooperates with the police in finding this moron and having him charged with aggravated assault- That is a FELONY charge. Cooperate with the police detectives assigned to the case. And, one last thing.... buy yourself Police-grade Pepper Spray that hangs from your key chain. If you are ever assaulted again, do as the first person in this thread said.... drop and roll... I add to that... Get out of your car, disengage the safety on your sprayer and hit that POS with a good dose of spray.. right in his face.... the effects will incapacitate the perp immediately! He won't be able to run, because he won't be able to breath or see where's he's going.... it's something he'll never forget. Call 911 and wait until the police come to arrest him. I wouldn't, but would be tempted to kick this POS in his balls while he's writing in pain from the spray... just for good measure.... y'know, it was for self-defense, right?
We all owe it to each other to be akert for the crazies out there who would do us harm for doing our job.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Absolutely FILE ASSAULT CHARGES.
It is the police who do that. If there is doubt, the police will discuss with a prosecutor or judge and get their opinions on the matter. The driver needs to make it clear to the police that if they feel there is enough evidence, he as the victim will cooperate. If the crime is serious enough, the police may choose to prosecute even if the victim doesn't seem interested in working with them.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
is there any one who can tell me what should we do if any driver has attacked by a rider?

Actually that's happen to me. I got request from hempstead turnpike east meadow Long Island at 12/6/15 - 1:42am. I reached there, nobody shown up. Then I call the rider after 5-6 mins he came to my car. When he entered in my car he was smelling alcohol. I asked him about his destination to make sure the address I got in my phone it's right. He answered me : do u think I'm dumb, go to that add. When I reached there he yelled on me, he said : r u playing with me & & bla bla......Then I was confirm the he is drank. I became as polite as I can and I said, no sir I'm not doing anything u can check your phone I drove as per ur address. Anyway give me your address I'll drop you home. Then I drove him in his new add. When I stopped he opened the door and all of a sudden started punching in my head from the back. When I turned into back to says what r u doing sir please get off from my car he punched me in my face at list five - six times. Then I shout out loud and said if u don't get off from my car I'll take u to the police station. He jumped out from my car. I just scape from that place and and call 911. They took me to the hospital. My two nasal bones are broken and it took 18 hours to stop bleeding. My hole face is bruised. Doc said it will take at list 5-6 weeks to recover.
Rachi.bd
  1. Have you filed a police report?
  2. Have you notified Uber of this assault?
  3. Has anyone from Uber contacted you?
  4. If no one from Uber has contacted you, please call Uber Safety Hotline at 800-353-8237.
  5. Record all your conversations with Uber personnel, but notify them you are recording the phone call.

·
Registered
46 Posts

WOW! this is horrible, I am sorry you had to experience this, trying to make some money and help people out and this is what you get in return? just horrible. Well I hope you're doing better now, its situations like this that completely validate and keep me motivated when building Rider (tryrider.com) not trying to sell you, but what we are doing will eliminate this behavior from riders. All the best.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
WOW! this is horrible, I am sorry you had to experience this, trying to make some money and help people out and this is what you get in return? just horrible. Well I hope you're doing better now, its situations like this that completely validate and keep me motivated when building Rider (tryrider.com) not trying to sell you, but what we are doing will eliminate this behavior from riders. All the best.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how what you are doing with Rider will "eliminate" this behavior from riders. Perhaps you can clarify that in a new thread so as not to derail this conversation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rachi.bd
  1. Have you filed a police report?
  2. Have you notified Uber of this assault?
  3. Has anyone from Uber contacted you?
  4. If no one from Uber has contacted you, please call Uber Safety Hotline at 800-353-8237.
  5. Record all your conversations with Uber personnel, but notify them you are recording the phone call.
Yes I've done 1-4 but I didn't record that conversation. Next time I will. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
243 Posts

I hope you sue the scumbag and become rich. People like that are the lowest forms of humans. You are providing a service below minimal wage and you get beat on. I hope you recover man and get a lawyer as soon as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry this has happened. Recovery will take time. Please take care of yourself. Please keep us informed about what Uber says. Is this story in the media?
Yes police took me straight to the hospital. I've collected the police report from precincts 3. I don't think this is in the media. I don't know how it works, I m very new in this country. I don't know how to inform media. Even I don't know what should I do now. I'm sitting home no cash flow. It will take few more weeks. When I told this stituation to the Uber concern person she replied like this :

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes police took me straight to the hospital. I've collected the police report from precincts 3. I don't think this is in the media. I don't know how it works, I m very new in this country. I don't know how to inform media. Even I don't know what should I do now. I'm sitting home no cash flow. It will take few more weeks. When I told this stituation to the Uber concern person she replied like this :
You need to get a lawyer immediately they usually are "pro bono". They just get a cut of whatever you end up winning from a settlement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts