Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
App not connecting to server when I try to see my earnings. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've restarted, reinstalled, and changed password nothing seems to work.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would guess you don't have an internet connection. Check that you can access other sites from your phone. Sometimes the uber servers are overloaded or down but it's usually not persistent. Check your earnings through the web and see if that works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess you don't have an internet connection. Check that you can access other sites from your phone. Sometimes the uber servers are overloaded or down but it's usually not persistent. Check your earnings through the web and see if that works.
I do have an Internet connection one section of the app is having server issues. The app opens but when I try to see earnings I get a server message

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
It"s entirely normal for there to be random data outages and connection problems at Uber. Right now my app is displaying earnings, but the current period pay statement generator on their website has been out for the last couple of days. When it tries to generate the statement, the little blue circle just spins round and round and then the page eventually displays a connection error number.

Support is useless - all you can do is wait for whatever connection issue you are having to be fixed.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I notice this problem occurs when the signal bar on my phone from AT&T is not optimum. When all 5 bars appear, I can see LTE near the bars and I absolutely have no issues with Uber app. When the bars drop to 3, LTE disappears and I start to have similar problem. Like others suggested I also believe it has to do with Internet connection (either WiFi or network provider).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think elelegido is probably onto something here. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to tech it's not an Internet issue otherwise I wouldn't be able to post on this forum. I'll just wait it out

·
Registered
958 Posts
It doesn't appear that there is a connection issue to the uber servers:
Display device Font Screenshot Electronic device Symmetry

The issue you have is typical when you go from LTE to 3G. Do you have good signal on LTE now?

Edit: There was a new version v 3.82.1 for android that was just pushed out. If you're using android you can verify that you have this version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't appear that there is a connection issue to the uber servers:
View attachment 34937

The issue you have is typical when you go from LTE to 3G. Do you have good signal on LTE now?

Edit: There was a new version v 3.82.1 for android that was just pushed out. If you're using android you can verify that you have this version.
I have IOS and this issue has been persistent since last night when I was doing rides. It does go from LTE to 3G at times but it wasn't an issue til last night. Now no matter what connection I have it's the same error message

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Getting a ping response from the IP address associated with uber.com only means that the server which hosts Uber's website is currently up and running.

The issue you have is not related to accessing their website, but accessing earnings data via the app. There's no way we can diagnose the cause of the problem from here. "Support" won't be able to either; the best you could hope for is to report the problem to them and hope that they escalate it to the relevant tech team.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Getting a ping response from the IP address associated with uber.com only means that the server which hosts Uber's website is currently up and running.

The issue you have is not related to accessing their website, but accessing earnings data via the app. There's no way we can diagnose the cause of the problem from here. "Support" won't be able to either; the best you could hope for is to report the problem to them and hope that they escalate it to the relevant tech team.
Good luck with your support request. While you wait, the rest of us can look at our earnings data all day long.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've only 2 bars for signal strength but 4G LTE shows up... Even with 128 kbps the net is flying today. Funny how the performance varies from day to day. In my experience my phone works like a charm when LTE comes up right above the network bar.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Good luck with your support request.
Thanks, but I don't tend to submit requests to Uber support for things which the support drones have no knowledge of or ability in. I'm not saying people should not contact support for technical issues, but for me it's always been a waste of time.

Anyway, they've now fixed whatever problem they were having with pay statement generation; it works ok once again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, but I don't tend to submit requests to Uber support for things which the support drones have no knowledge of or ability in. I'm not saying people should not contact support for technical issues, but for me it's always been a waste of time.

Anyway, they've now fixed whatever problem they were having with pay statement generation; it works ok once again.
Yep mine works too, thanks guys

·
Registered
735 Posts
I keep getting "a network error has occured" and then the spinning circle at the bottom that does nothing. I'm really glad I'm at my first job and not trying to drive cause it's surging pretty high here right now. Maybe due to drivers not being able to get online lol

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
It reminds me of when I lived in Mexico. There would be random power outages from time to time. Other times, the water pressure would drop to zero and you'd be out of luck for showering for a while. Then the phone would go out. No point in complaining about any of it; you just waited until they restored whatever service had crapped out.

I have mentioned on several occasions to Uber that they need to poach some of Lyft's technical staff. Whatever Lyft is paying them, offer to double it, I said. Lyft's systems simply work, day in, day out with almost monotonous regularity. No interest from Uber in this idea, though, of course.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Everything else is working in my app.... except the earnings tab...... it says:

"Hmm..... looks like we're having trouble reaching the Uber servers"

It has been this way for about 2 hours for me..... restarted phone but still the same. No big deal of course.... just annoying for a technology company :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've gotten the exact same error message, I've emailed Uber numerous times and as always they send me a form email letter.
The least these idiots can do is email back to say the servers are down.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Please note that the servers are NOT down and haven't been the whole day. Unless you try to connect to a different server than I do....
It's a bit more complicated than "the servers" being up (everything works fine) or "the servers" being down (nothing works). "The servers" is a pretty meaningless concept in the case of an operation like Uber's - their systems are comprised of vastly technologically different system types (ride allocation, fare calculation, billing, trip datastore, accounting etc etc) which span multiple programming languages and architectures, are from different software developers and suppliers, and reside in disparate data centers / server farms which are distributed globally.

Because of this complexity, it's possible for technical failures to affect all users or only a subset of users, and for only specific functionality to be affected. For example, drivers in New York may not be able to log on or access certain app funcions, but drivers in Chicago may have no problems, or a completely different set of problems. Or a technical issue may affect others based on criteria other than geography, as happened recently with back end systems, when some drivers experienced delays in being paid while others were paid on time.

On top of all that, as if the necessary complexity of systems required to run an operation the size of Uber wasn't enough, Uber's own Chief Technical Officer was quoted as saying that the company's approach to technology was "amateurish". Bottom line - everyone's mileage is going to vary.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts