Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Uber Driver I hardly take Uber’s anywhere . The one night I took an Uber I had the worst Uber ever . Because of this I got my driver account disabled and an investigation pending.
This is my statement to Uber .

I called an Uber Driver at around 2am to go home from canal st in new Orleans . 5 min within waiting I got a call from my Uber Driver who rudely asked me “ where are you Nicholas “ . I proceeded to tell her “ I’m in front of the ihop “ she responded “ stay where your at “ . So my friend Jerry , his friend Alexis and I stayed at the ihop until she arrived. On arrival we got into her car . All 3 of us got into her back seat . Because of that she had an attitude and asked “why no one wants to sit in the front “. Alexis responded that she just didn’t like sitting by people she doesn’t know “ the Uber then said with attitude “ I wasn’t talking to you was I “ Alexis responded “ I don’t know you just asked “ the Uber Driver then said “ this is New Orleans you better watch who you are talking to or I can drop your ****ing ass off now and you can get another Uber “ . At this point we were speechless . We didn’t say anything else until the Uber Driver said “ you know what you can get your asses out my car right now “ . “This is my job and adventure so get out “ the Uber Driver then pulled over on the corner by Sanger theatre and canal st and said “get out “ . My buddy Jerry and I proceeded to say “ we are both Uber Drivers and would never talk to a customer this way “ she proceeded to curse at us and use vulgar language. Our friend Alexis isn’t a type of person to use allot of filters and holds back what’s on her mind so she proceeded to say “ well **** you ***** “ so the Uber Driver turned around and started yelling in her face . Jerry and I had gotten out the car and tried to drag Alexis out to end the altercation in which Alexis ended up striking the Uber Driver in the face . We drug Alexis out of the car. The Uber Driver yelled out the window “***** I will hit you “and attempted to back her car up to run us over . After barley missing Jerry and I she floored her car and attempted to turn around to Chace us . In doing so she crashed into a curve in the middle of the road . At this point we are down the street . I wanted to go help her but she was coming at us with harmful intent and I didn’t know what else she would do . So we proceeded to leave and call another Uber . End statement. I would appreciate it if I can talk to an Uber representative about this issue because I drive Uber full time and am banned from my account . Thank you . I personally had little to no involvement in this incident...
I’ve gone to the green light hub and they told me I will hear from a Uber investigator shortly . How long is shortly ?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Did you also report the driver in your app?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did . Immediately after the incident I reported the driver and called support in my driver app . Of course support said they can’t do anything to help me in the situation of passenger but was going to put a note of it in my file . An hour later all my Uber accounts were disabled

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
From what I've read on the forums "shortly" often means 48-72 hours.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I know it's after the fact but a video recording says a thousand words next time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also sighed up for Lyft but it’s been on the background check for 2 days . Will the incident with Uber interfere with me being accepted into Lyft

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
I also sighed up for Lyft but it's been on the background check for 2 days . Will the incident with Uber interfere with me being accepted into Lyft
Why would it? Is it part of your criminal background report?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I am an Uber Driver I hardly take Uber's anywhere . The one night I took an Uber I had the worst Uber ever . Because of this I got my driver account disabled and an investigation pending.

I called an Uber Driver at around 2am to go home from canal st in new Orleans . 5 min within waiting I got a call from my Uber Driver who rudely asked me " where are you Nicholas " . I proceeded to tell her " I'm in front of the ihop " she responded " stay where your at " . So my friend Jerry , his friend Alexis and I stayed at the ihop until she arrived. On arrival we got into her car . All 3 of us got into her back seat . Because of that she had an attitude and asked "why no one wants to sit in the front ". Alexis responded that she just didn't like sitting by people she doesn't know " the Uber then said with attitude " I wasn't talking to you was I " Alexis responded " I don't know you just asked " the Uber Driver then said " this is New Orleans you better watch who you are talking to or I can drop your &%[email protected]!*ing ass off now and you can get another Uber " . At this point we were speechless . We didn't say anything else until the Uber Driver said " you know what you can get your asses out my car right now " . "This is my job and adventure so get out " the Uber Driver then pulled over on the corner by Sanger theatre and canal st and said "get out " . My buddy Jerry and I proceeded to say " we are both Uber Drivers and would never talk to a customer this way " she proceeded to curse at us and use vulgar language. Our friend Alexis isn't a type of person to use allot of filters and holds back what's on her mind so she proceeded to say " well &%[email protected]!* you ***** " so the Uber Driver turned around and started yelling in her face . Jerry and I had gotten out the car and tried to drag Alexis out to end the altercation in which Alexis ended up striking the Uber Driver in the face . We drug Alexis out of the car. The Uber Driver yelled out the window "***** I will hit you "and attempted to back her car up to run us over . After barley missing Jerry and I she floored her car and attempted to turn around to Chace us . In doing so she crashed into a curve in the middle of the road . At this point we are down the street . I wanted to go help her but she was coming at us with harmful intent and I didn't know what else she would do . So we proceeded to leave and call another Uber . End statement. I would appreciate it if I can talk to an Uber representative about this issue because I drive Uber full time and am banned from my account . Thank you . I personally had little to no involvement in this incident...
I've gone to the green light hub and they told me I will hear from a Uber investigator shortly . How long is shortly ?
If you were a rider, why would Uber deactivate your driver account?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The driver probably reported that she was assaulted. You pretty much confirmed this when you reported and said your friend hit her. Uber banned you from their platform as they have a zero tolerance policy for assault and if they don't want to take your money, they certainly don't want to help you make it. I know it wasn't you and was your friend but it was your account. If you as a driver were assaulted by a riders fellow passenger, the same thing would likely happen and everyone would say (and have said) the rider should be responsible for the people in his party and pay the consequences if they act out.

Again, I'm not casting blame on you and it sucks that this happened because a crappy driver caused your friend to get physical but you have to be careful. If it was me and the driver copped such and attitude, I would've ended the ride myself and got out and ordered another car without any further comment and let the driver curse all he/she wants and report him/her. Always take the high road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The driver probably reported that she was assaulted. You pretty much confirmed this when you reported and said your friend hit her. Uber banned you from their platform as they have a zero tolerance policy for assault and if they don't want to take your money, they certainly don't want to help you make it. I know it wasn't you and was your friend but it was your account. If you as a driver were assaulted by a riders fellow passenger, the same thing would likely happen and everyone would say (and have said) the rider should be responsible for the people in his party and pay the consequences if they act out.

Again, I'm not casting blame on you and it sucks that this happened because a crappy driver caused your friend to get physical but you have to be careful. If it was me and the driver copped such and attitude, I would've ended the ride myself and got out and ordered another car without any further comment and let the driver curse all he/she wants and report him/her. Always take the high road.
Investigation is apparently over , they reactivate my account with warning that if another assault occurs they will delete the account. Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am an Uber Driver I hardly take Uber's anywhere . The one night I took an Uber I had the worst Uber ever . Because of this I got my driver account disabled and an investigation pending.

I called an Uber Driver at around 2am to go home from canal st in new Orleans . 5 min within waiting I got a call from my Uber Driver who rudely asked me " where are you Nicholas " . I proceeded to tell her " I'm in front of the ihop " she responded " stay where your at " . So my friend Jerry , his friend Alexis and I stayed at the ihop until she arrived. On arrival we got into her car . All 3 of us got into her back seat . Because of that she had an attitude and asked "why no one wants to sit in the front ". Alexis responded that she just didn't like sitting by people she doesn't know " the Uber then said with attitude " I wasn't talking to you was I " Alexis responded " I don't know you just asked " the Uber Driver then said " this is New Orleans you better watch who you are talking to or I can drop your &%[email protected]!*ing ass off now and you can get another Uber " . At this point we were speechless . We didn't say anything else until the Uber Driver said " you know what you can get your asses out my car right now " . "This is my job and adventure so get out " the Uber Driver then pulled over on the corner by Sanger theatre and canal st and said "get out " . My buddy Jerry and I proceeded to say " we are both Uber Drivers and would never talk to a customer this way " she proceeded to curse at us and use vulgar language. Our friend Alexis isn't a type of person to use allot of filters and holds back what's on her mind so she proceeded to say " well &%[email protected]!* you ***** " so the Uber Driver turned around and started yelling in her face . Jerry and I had gotten out the car and tried to drag Alexis out to end the altercation in which Alexis ended up striking the Uber Driver in the face . We drug Alexis out of the car. The Uber Driver yelled out the window "***** I will hit you "and attempted to back her car up to run us over . After barley missing Jerry and I she floored her car and attempted to turn around to Chace us . In doing so she crashed into a curve in the middle of the road . At this point we are down the street . I wanted to go help her but she was coming at us with harmful intent and I didn't know what else she would do . So we proceeded to leave and call another Uber . End statement. I would appreciate it if I can talk to an Uber representative about this issue because I drive Uber full time and am banned from my account . Thank you . I personally had little to no involvement in this incident...
I've gone to the green light hub and they told me I will hear from a Uber investigator shortly . How long is shortly ?
That's your side of the story Mr. victim. I wonder what her side is.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts

But... did you tip the driver?

·
Registered
144 Posts

I dont think you used the word "uber" enough in your post.

And we see that op suffered for a whole 6 hours of deactivation for assault on a driver. Part of the 180 days of change....

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I used friend lightly , more of a friend of a friend . I cut all associations with her . Yes she was in the wrong for punching the driver , she should of just got out of the car like I did when she said get out . The driver did attempt to run us over with her car causing her to crash so , ya know 2 wrongs don’t make a right .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts