Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im a south jersey uber driver. Im planning takein a trip up to philadelphia to see how buissness goes, seems its always surge'ing in center city and south philly. Will I be able to go there (about a hour from me) and just simply go online and receive and accept rider request without a problem? will I even be able to receive request? Not sure how that works. I have Ben driveing uber for bout 6 months i have done ride all over different cities/counties within jersey state though. nothing out side the state. so I'm just not quite sure if it's A-OK I rather ask then to drive a hour and wait for a ping that never comes.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I took an airport ride once from EWR to Philly. I got a ping immediately and from what I hear the rates are higher; however, I heard you have to get a sticker to drive out there. Totally worth it though if you're going to be out there. But there may be more requirements. I just know I got pings and took several rides.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I took an airport ride once from EWR to Philly. I got a ping immediately and from what I hear the rates are higher; however, I heard you have to get a sticker to drive out there. Totally worth it though if you're going to be out there. But there may be more requirements. I just know I got pings and took several rides.
Same thing happened to me. Dropped a guy off in the Philly suburbs from EWR & immediately got a ping after. That never happens in NYC so I figured it was allowed, but I didn't take it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well nyc tlc license is required so I understand thats a no go. But philly isnt, I do have the sticker. just not sure if uber its self doesnt have requirements that we ok with them to drive in another state.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I was there a few weeks ago on Valentine's Day. Did rides there and in the Philly burbs.

Did does not have a Penn sticker. I'm thinking about getting one. Very busy when I was there. No boost but constant surge 1.4-1.7.

BUT a lot of them are short rides.

Philly reminds me of much bigger Hobo. hahaha very narrow streets, short trips, drunks, a lot of stop signs, cobble street, potholes. etc.

Much better bet would probably be the burbs.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
im a south jersey uber driver. Im planning takein a trip up to philadelphia to see how buissness goes, seems its always surge'ing in center city and south philly. Will I be able to go there (about a hour from me) and just simply go online and receive and accept rider request without a problem? will I even be able to receive request? Not sure how that works. I have Ben driveing uber for bout 6 months i have done ride all over different cities/counties within jersey state though. nothing out side the state. so I'm just not quite sure if it's A-OK I rather ask then to drive a hour and wait for a ping that never comes.
Yes, we can. Philly is in our coverage area. We can pick up in Philly and surrounding areas, Delaware, Connecticut, Boston and surrounding areas. Not sure about Rhode Island. We can NOT pick up in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and western Mass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts