• yes

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 48.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
during a.m when lyft and uber is dead you get paid by the hour for sitting in car sometimes 2 r 3 hours at once, so what do you do? you double dip sign in for uber and lyft and give gives when they come in. and u get peak rates and extra boost for driving 3 hours its worth it. 630-230 left or uber vs via.
Hands down via u make more why u ask? obviously lyft and uber after 9am there isn't shit going on do u get paid? Nope via u do, whether u have a ride or not, and GUESS WHAT..... NO AIRPORTS and zones are roosevelt to addison to ashland

·
Registered
101 Posts
during a.m when lyft and uber is dead you get paid by the hour for sitting in car sometimes 2 r 3 hours at once, so what do you do? you double dip sign in for uber and lyft and give gives when they come in. and u get peak rates and extra boost for driving 3 hours its worth it. 630-230 left or uber vs via.
Hands down via u make more why u ask? obviously lyft and uber after 9am there isn't shit going on do u get paid? Nope via u do, whether u have a ride or not, and GUESS WHAT..... NO AIRPORTS and zones are roosevelt to addison to ashland
Via goes to the airports now

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know what via really is. Excuse my ignorance, but is that a good thing for drivers or no?
No, it isn't a good thing for drivers.

The Via app is an annoying piece crap.

Furthermore, the rates are just as bad as UberPoop or UberX.

... The idea is to be picking up multiple riders at city street corners within a well-defined radius.
i.e., providing CTA bus service with your car and sweat, while some idiot billionaire in San Francisco gets a cut.

... it ain't worth the headache.

I took one (1) fare from them: Corner of State & Wacker to Milwaukee & Pauline in Wicker Park for $5.06
That was it.

Seriously, with all these so-called "rideshare" billionaires, it's a race to kick the working-class to the bottom.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went to their location: 650 W Lake (Chicago), and sat in on their presentation. One of the fellas used to help run Halo (another rideshare biz that tanked a few years ago). Amateurish & unorganized comes to mind.

Anyway, their math don't add up. They claim to have deep-pocketed investors out of Israel.

Still, I couldn't wrap my mind around using my fancy ride to pick up cheap riders on city street corners during Chicago rush hours & at rates that aren't much better than that of UberX.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No, it isn't a good thing for drivers.

The Via app is an annoying piece crap.

Furthermore, the rates are just as bad as UberPoop or UberX.

... The idea is to be picking up multiple riders at city street corners within a well-defined radius.
i.e., providing CTA bus service with your car and sweat, while some idiot billionaire in San Francisco gets a cut.

... it ain't worth the headache.

I took one (1) fare from them: Corner of State & Wacker to Milwaukee & Pauline in Wicker Park for $5.06
That was it.

Seriously, with all these so-called "rideshare" billionaires, it's a race to kick the working-class to the bottom.
It's worth sitting around after 9am and getting paid for it vs no rides with uber and lyft after 9?
I bet you'd rather sit and not get paid makes sense. I agree

·
Registered
2 Posts
During off-peak hours the average hourly is about $15-$17/hr and during rocket rate timings about $25/hr. This includes time idling and waiting to get your next passenger. I have noticed that via shared rides seem to keep me on a close route to the final destination for all the passengers, so that I’m getting to the drop off points just a few mins off a direct route time.

They seem to have an extremely cheap program for monthly passes at $120. This includes up to 4 rides daily between the hours 6am-9pm. Don’t get how these rideshare companies make money, but get on it while the rate is still available.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts