Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started I thought it would be brilliant to maximize earnings and pay attention to what Lyft told me were the "prime times".
That got me puke in the back seat, effectively ENDING my earnings for the night.
That got me aggressive alpha male behavior from college punks.
That got me stuck in the 'burbs at 2am dropping off ANOTHER no tip ungrateful paxhole.

For the past few months, I've been going to bed early, and getting up early. In the car, freshly showered, hot coffee in the cup holder pre dawn... 5am.

PING PING PING PING PING... "My car won't start, I gotta get to work, you're a life saver" "Would you mind if I sleep?" "Morning dude, I'm going to the airport and I'm in vacation mode!"

Result: More tips. Less hassle. Friendlier passengers. QUIET passengers on the "walk of shame" ride home.

What's your favorite time to drive? I'm done for the day at 10am!!

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
When I first started I thought it would be brilliant to maximize earnings and pay attention to what Lyft told me were the "prime times".
That got me puke in the back seat, effectively ENDING my earnings for the night.
That got me stuck in the 'burbs at 2am dropping off ANOTHER no tip ungrateful paxhole.

For the past few months, I've been going to bed early, and getting up early. In the car, freshly showered, hot coffee in the cup holder pre dawn... 5am.

PING PING PING PING PING... "My car won't start, I gotta get to work, you're a life saver" "Would you mind if I sleep?" "Morning dude, I'm going to the airport and I'm in vacation mode!"

Result: More tips. Less hassle. Friendlier passengers. QUIET passengers on the "walk of shame" ride home.

I wanna be like you when I grow up. :D

I was never interested in doing the late night bar crowd, so I'm attempting to make myself get out the door early A.M. I'm usually up, but I must hate leaving the house, lol.

I live in the burbs and don't care for driving in the city, so when I don't get out the door for plan A, I usually end up doing delivery instead. More $$$/mile, but less per hour.

Ideally, I'd like to be rolling by about 4:30 AM at the latest. Soon, damn it, soon.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts

Basically the same as what you're doing. You definitely get a better class of people during these hours. Tips are better too.

·
Premium Member
12,581 Posts
2-10 pm is my intended shift.

When business people and tourists are moving around.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Only part timer but weekends are 5AM until it slows down.Weeknights if i drive afterwork is like 3:30 PM until 6:30 PM. But if i drove full time it would be like 5AM to 10 AM and 4PM to 7 or 8 PM.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
PT here and I mainly concentrate on early morning scheduled Lyft airport trips. That way I know exactly when to get up and I don't have to wait and hope for a ping. I also know when I'll be back home to start with the day job. Most mornings I do 2-4 trips, plus potential rematches.

Luckily my day job is flexible, so the times don't matter that much, unless I have a telco or a meeting I need to be present at.

If I'm in the office, I usually turn on the apps when I leave and ant until when ever I decide I've had enough. If I decide to drive Fri/Sat night, I'm home well before midnight.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

-------------------------
No drunks, puke or drama cause by alcohol for me. I work sane hours -- noon to 8:00 pm BUT this is not my primary income.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Damn if you're capable of that level of self regulation, wtf you doing in rideshare?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts