Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes passengers will ask you to stop and go through a drive thru for food (late night of course). That never works out for me as it always takes way too long and the time pay seems like nothing. So I'm thinking of just saying 'No'. Anyone else already refuse to do drive thru's? So how do you say that without being a dick?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just say n, unless it's a huge surge. Only place I'll stop is a convenience store for a quick stop. People who try to get me to make multiple stops or grocery stores get a clear, concise no. I am point A to B. Not A, B, C, D........

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just go on a case by case basis. Had an airport ride that wanted to get a pizza on the way home. Easy...just asked them to call ahead so it would be ready. If I'm asked to wait for 30 min while they grocery shop I end the ride. "The meter is running" is pretty much meaningless to Uber drivers. Some hard core taxi riders are sensitive to it though and have been pretty adamant about making sure I end the ride to save that extra minute of fare.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am not interested in going to a drive thru at any fast food joint. If you refuse, most of the time you will get a bad rating. but I'm not having KFC and Burger King stinking up my car. I might stop off for them to get their order at a restaurant or something. I have a limit as to what I will do with making multiple stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts