Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have a great doubt, hope someone could help me
I will complete a year of australia license in December, however today I received the news that my license will be suspended

I have two options, wait three months of suspension or apply for good behavior, my doubts are as follows:

if I choose to stay three months suspended, will I be able to apply for the authority drive card in December?

is is possible to apply for drive authority card while good behavior period ?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone else posted today re: the same situation and they were rejected the card being on a probationary license. You may need to check with RMS if there is a minimum time needed with a license after suspension before receiving DAC.

Reactions: Walber10

·
Premium Member
10,767 Posts
Hi there,
I have a great doubt, hope someone could help me
I will complete a year of australia license in December, however today I received the news that my license will be suspended

I have two options, wait three months of suspension or apply for good behavior, my doubts are as follows:

if I choose to stay three months suspended, will I be able to apply for the authority drive card in December?

is is possible to apply for drive authority card while good behavior period ?
I think if you have licenses suspended for 3 months and then get full license back, then you can apply in December. .check with RMS.

If on bond i dont think you can, someone else had this issue

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I think you might be better off on the good behaviour, having your license suspended will be reportable on all sorts of things including insurance/etc.
However, you had better be damned careful while on the good behaviour (and I would not advise to drive uber during this time) as I assume any little infraction will result in even bigger problems.
PS, I had my license suspended for non-payment of parking fines many years ago... still need to notify the insurance of that, and it still causes problems. They don't ask (on the form) why you lost it, only if it has even been suspended.

·
Premium Member
10,767 Posts
I think you might be better off on the good behaviour, having your license suspended will be reportable on all sorts of things including insurance/etc.
However, you had better be damned careful while on the good behaviour (and I would not advise to drive uber during this time) as I assume any little infraction will result in even bigger problems.
PS, I had my license suspended for non-payment of parking fines many years ago... still need to notify the insurance of that, and it still causes problems. They don't ask (on the form) why you lost it, only if it has even been suspended.
Once suspended, your insurance premiums go up for the next 3 years.... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts