Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drive.ai announced yesterday that it will launch a ride-hailing service using autonomous vehicles in Frisco, Texas.
https://qz.com/1271375/driverless-c...ching-a-ride-hailing-service-in-dallas-texas/
Drive.ai's program will serve limited, fixed routes, with clearly marked vehicles
To begin with, Drive.ai vehicles will operate only on fixed routes in a limited part of Frisco (a northern suburb of Dallas with 175,000 residents), which boasts wide streets, speed limits of under 45 mph, and an average of 230 sunny days a year. They will connect a Dallas Cowboys facility with two nearby retail and residential centers and be open only to the roughly 10,000 employees or residents of those buildings (for free, at least for the first six-month trial). The vehicles will stop at set pickup points.

·
Banned
2,567 Posts
Drive.ai announced yesterday that it will launch a ride-hailing service using autonomous vehicles in Frisco, Texas.
https://qz.com/1271375/driverless-c...ching-a-ride-hailing-service-in-dallas-texas/
Drive.ai's program will serve limited, fixed routes, with clearly marked vehicles
To begin with, Drive.ai vehicles will operate only on fixed routes in a limited part of Frisco (a northern suburb of Dallas with 175,000 residents), which boasts wide streets, speed limits of under 45 mph, and an average of 230 sunny days a year. They will connect a Dallas Cowboys facility with two nearby retail and residential centers and be open only to the roughly 10,000 employees or residents of those buildings (for free, at least for the first six-month trial). The vehicles will stop at set pickup points.

Wait a darn minute. Are you saying there are now two companies driving in traffic on public roads with no one in the driver's seat?

·
Banned
248 Posts
This is how it happens. Slow but sure.
Then one day while you’re waiting for a ping
10 SDC Pass u in a special autonomous designated lane with passengers
and you’re grossing $113 weekly
while still posting:
“The public will never accept SDC”

Followed by News Forum OP: waymo now has a 1 million SDC car fleet leased to uber & Lyft

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
This is how it happens. Slow but sure.
Then one day while you're waiting for a ping
10 SDC Pass u in a special autonomous designated lane with passengers
and you're grossing $113 weekly
while still posting:
"The public will never accept SDC"

Followed by News Forum OP: waymo now has a 1 million SDC car fleet leased to uber & Lyft
I have yet to see a poll where people are enthusiastic about sdc's so there is no reason to think this will ever happen but I'm sure the people paying you to push the sdc's at this messageboard will beg to differ but most of us with brains know better.

We've seen sdc's kill people for no reason instead of stopping and we've seen sdc's completely blow through red lights worse than a human would so, yeah, no reason to think these will ever be better than humans and no reason to think that the average human that owns a car will rather have the car drive and risk death more than just driving the car for themselves and ensure they don't die.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I have yet to see a poll where people are enthusiastic about sdc's so there is no reason to think this will ever happen but I'm sure the people paying you to push the sdc's at this messageboard will beg to differ but most of us with brains know better.

We've seen sdc's kill people for no reason instead of stopping and we've seen sdc's completely blow through red lights worse than a human would so, yeah, no reason to think these will ever be better than humans and no reason to think that the average human that owns a car will rather have the car drive and risk death more than just driving the car for themselves and ensure they don't die.
Conversely I've seen plenty of poles that passengers are NOT enthusiastic about uber drivers because of guns and mental defects. Subsequently, We can assume, in the passengers mind, that no uber driver is a step up.

I'm not going to argue the point that technology, advancements and the future will happen no matter what anyone says because
  • The weathly
  • governments
  • insurance companies

Want it, period

·
Banned
4,953 Posts

You're STILL selling that propaganda?

How many times do we have to expose it?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Name a single lie. I've said this to you many times now, name one.
This was your newest lie.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/gm-c...-in-san-francisco-emails.264671/#post-4017635

Not once has a SDC ever killed a person or blown a red light.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ube...rome..69i57.2642j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=waymo+red+light+run

I can be here all night going through your posts and posting all your lies.

It's really comical.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Doesn't matter, people may die, many will lose their low wage low skill non employee gigs but the fact is SDC is here, it's growing and will be a game changer in society, period
  • Stand on your head, SDC is still here and growing
  • Present all the proof that millions will die, SDC is still here and growing
  • Show how tens of thousands of former uber drivers will become homeless and commit suicide, SDC is still here and growing
You speak of "lies", awwww, how cute. Real world baby, R E A L W O R L D

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Doesn't matter, people may die, many will lose their low wage low skill non employee gigs but the fact is SDC is here, it's growing and will be a game changer in society, period D
Um... yeah about that...

Maybe, as we all said numerous times, "decades" from now this SDC revolution you speak of will come to pass but there are way too many logistics to iron out for it to happen anytime quickly.

Want proof? Talk to me 1 year from now and let me know how that "Revolution" is coming along

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts