Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what was going on last night, and I wasn't ever on that side of the bay to figure it out -- but I saw an almost constant surge going on around downtown St Pete between 8p-11:30p.

Anywhere from 1.2x - 2.9x, mostly just right over downtown.

Anyone driving over there last night catch some surge?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks like they isolated downtown as its own area. I had the same issue I usually have during a surge tho. Sitting right in the middle of downtown and didn't get a ping until the surge ended.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like they isolated downtown as its own area. I had the same issue I usually have during a surge tho. Sitting right in the middle of downtown and didn't get a ping until the surge ended.
I've had that happen a lot -- I'm currently going back and forth with customer service about a ride that should have been 1.9x surge but wasn't. I was square in the middle of a surge zone, the ride came from the surge zone... somehow they're claiming it wasn't surge. The map apparently is only where surge is likely to be. Haha... so somehow, the map they put out, on their app, that tells you it's surge... doesn't actually mean it's surge, because I guess Unicorns and Big Foot determine when surge is, and they're fickle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I unfortunately have never gotten a surge, then again I only drive a few hours a week. I need to step it up. My full time job keeps me busy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was in the middle of the downtown st. pete surge the other day, it was 3.4 pulled over on central and waitied minutes and no pings. Then it totally went away and I get a ping right across the street. I cant figure this surge thing out. 6 weeks doing this thing and I have never hit a surge more then 1.9. even late nights in soho.

just ubering on and hoping to get one of the unicorn big surges one day

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
That area is as big as a band-aid!
It is very easy for it to be flooded with drivers when it starts to surge.
Riders wait it out most of the time.
In Tampa Bay area I get less than 1 surge out of 20.
Agreed, surge shows and the place gets flooded with drivers. Also, when surging I usually get a request from just outside the area because it is so small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts