Uber Drivers Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
He's down rating drivers, taking away tips and reporting them, why because uber let's him watch where the driver is going, can't imagine how he feels when he orders delivery by phone and can't watch the driver like a hawk or what type of car he's driving, drivers know his name, what he looks like and based on his posted ue receipts drivers have an idea where he lives, last time I checked the stats of this post it was like 3k views that's lot of drivers, next time he orders ue he might get an extra sauce of body fluids and that sauce won't be on the side, remember the old saying don't mess with people that handle your food.

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
He's down rating drivers, taking away tips and reporting them, why because uber let's him watch where the driver is going, can't imagine how he feels when he orders delivery by phone and can't watch the driver like a hawk or what type of car he's driving, drivers know his name, what he looks like and based on his posted ue receipts drivers have an idea where he lives, last time I checked the stats of this post it was like 3k views that's lot of drivers, next time he orders ue he might get and extra sauce of body fluids, remember the old saying don't mess with people that handle your food.

Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
You paid $1.50 for priority with a five dollar tip on a sushi order?

It's a wonder anyone accepted your order at all.
What is this obsession you have with sushi? What f***ing difference does it make what’s in the bag? Is sushi considered exotic where you live? Do you live in 1970?

Sushi orders are not inherently more expensive than burger orders. If you’re going to declare yourself to be both judge and jury, you’d better start informing yourself better before you make these ridiculous rulings.

As for the driver, she (like everyone else) should refuse any order that isn’t worth her while. I mean, duh. And she was fine with the $5. Her decision. That should be the end of any discussion on that subject.

Sooo original.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I thought Sushi most served cold, what the purpose of touting keep food piping hot?

Do customers owe allegiance to the gig servers?

There is no law prohibiting delivery driver-sharing, not mention rider-sharing or pool. Law(s) has/have been changed, appealed or out-lawed. Double dipping is looking questionable ethics issues for high paying professional jobs, not a tip eccentric server-sharing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've done about a thousand deliveries, 100% rating, and tips are often increased.

Uber tells me how long a delivery will take and the payout with a tip. If that is not profitable, I decline.

The shortage of drivers here, especially with Eats, is good for those that drive. Cherry picking. And demand is high.

Thinking that it is a good idea to "game the system" right now in this market is a really dumb move. These drivers are losing tips and getting down rated to deactivation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
thanks for showing us your true colors... gig bot promoter....

fellow ants.... this site is loaded with these manipulators ( gig marketing department) don't fall for this bs...

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
thanks for showing us your true colors... gig bot promoter....

fellow ants.... this site is loaded with these manipulators ( gig marketing department) don't fall for this bs...
I have absolutely no idea what you are rambling on about.

You have been a member here for about a year, me a little while longer. And I just started a job.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what you are rambling on about.

You have been a member here for about a year, me a little while longer. And I just started a job.
talk about rambling... you quoted me with a rant that has nothing to do with my response to the original post...

that makes you a promoter...
i don't give a shit you've been here for how long... learn how to read and comprehend the English language... promoter

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Aye. Thanks to our lovely new site upgrades, apparently I missed a few posts. No worries, I have time tomorrow.

I ordered probably my seventh delivery in total this morning, and this time Doordash. The driver got lost because their app sucks. She cleared her first delivery, went straight to the restaurant, and came straight here.

Tip increased, mainly because of her having to deal with GPS that would have put her in the pool.

More later.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Actually, not more later. We've reached the end of life cycle for threads around these parts. And apparently socks 🧦 are an issue.

Final thoughts.

Give it the minimal effort, keeping your hungry customers waiting as you drive around collecting other orders for another platform, do not be surprised if you lose tips and are rated into deactivation.

If you went to a restaurant, ordered food, and your server and kitchen staff all went to another restaurant for twenty minutes, eventually bringing a cold and soggy meal to you - would you tip? Would you complain?

Do your best in whatever job you choose, especially delivering food, and you will be rewarded. We're the modern servers. Many of us, myself included, respect that fact. Our ratings and tips reflect our level of service.

Buy a delivery bag on Amazon, do one delivery at a time (stacked is fine, on the same platform), communicate with the customer if you have problems, and treat them as you would want to be treated.

Simple.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Actually, not more later. We've reached the end of life cycle for threads around these parts. And apparently socks 🧦 are an issue.

Final thoughts.

Give it the minimal effort, keeping your hungry customers waiting as you drive around collecting other orders for another platform, do not be surprised if you lose tips and are rated into deactivation.

If you went to a restaurant, ordered food, and your server and kitchen staff all went to another restaurant for twenty minutes, eventually bringing a cold and soggy meal to you - would you tip? Would you complain?

Do your best in whatever job you choose, especially delivering food, and you will be rewarded. We're the modern servers. Many of us, myself included, respect that fact. Our ratings and tips reflect our level of service.

Buy a delivery bag on Amazon, do one delivery at a time (stacked is fine, on the same platform), communicate with the customer if you have problems, and treat them as you would want to be treated.

Simple.
One has no need to spent one's hard earned tips to buy a bag on Amazon. I did not know this until everywhere I went to pick up food, stores are offering bags to drivers that have no bag(s) but need one to do the job better.

I used to think America is doomed if all new ipo's are Uber or Lyft alike, but I found some hope now. There are people that do know how to run a service business besides Uber and Lyft.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
What is this obsession you have with sushi? What f***ing difference does it make what’s in the bag? Is sushi considered exotic where you live? Do you live in 1970?

Sushi orders are not inherently more expensive than burger orders. If you’re going to declare yourself to be both judge and jury, you’d better start informing yourself better before you make these ridiculous rulings.

As for the driver, she (like everyone else) should refuse any order that isn’t worth her while. I mean, duh. And she was fine with the $5. Her decision. That should be the end of any discussion on that subject.

Sooo original.
Certain apps recommend tips based on order amount.

Some sushi places are cheap and others charge an arm and a leg.

Best to pick up big orders from expensive restaurants.

Takes experience to realize this.

Driver was probably new. Has to learn from experience.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Certain apps recommend tips based on order amount.

Some sushi places are cheap and others charge an arm and a leg.

Best to pick up big orders from expensive restaurants.

Takes experience to realize this.

Driver was probably new. Has to learn from experience.
I tip based on performance. Ya know, the whole standard of tipping. And if I provide poor service, I expect a low tip or none at all.

Orrrrr we could just increase pay for food delivery drivers and wait staff, but I don't think any of us will see that in our lifetime.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Honestly, it is customers like you that I truly hate with a passion. There is nothing wrong with using the technology as a customer to see what you might be looking at with an ETA but to obsessively watch your driver make every left and right turn and try to contemplate why they did this or that and wonder where they are going is borderline a mental health crisis.

You ordered food and paid a fee to Uber or the delivery service, not the driver. The driver does not work for the customer. They are an independent contractor of the delivery service. Their job is to be dispatched, accept dispatches they feel are financially beneficial, pickup the order, and deliver the order to you. That is it. You have zero right as a customer to dictate what route a driver needs to take and no leg to stand when confronting a driver about their route when they deliver. Period.

I do not care if you paid for priority. I do not care if you are friends with the CEO of the delivery service you are using. "Independent contractors". Independent. If you want someone to go pick up your food the way you want it, put an ad in your local Craigslist for "personal food delivery driver on call" and find an Uber or DoorDash or whatever driver who you can HIRE as an employee, pay them with a paycheck, and take the taxes out. Then you can just call them up and say, "Hey I want food from this restaurant, are you available?" and if so, tell them to turn on a tracker app you gave them pay them hourly when they go to pick up the food, and yell at them and wag the finger all you want about how long they are taking and what route.

And to reduce someone's tip who is out there paying for their own fuel, insurance, and car maintenance?? I am usually the most friendly and level headed person in this forum but honestly, you should burn in hell for even considering that. Your post has made me so angry. You are a selfish controlling person, plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I see you are hung up about that. The algo would not send them another request until they had completed the order, right?
I've been doing ue since 2018 and when it's really busy there have been times where I've gotten pinged after having picked up an order and after having started it and driving towards it and when I accept it then they redirect me to another restaurant while I have another order with me so no we don't know about this priority thing.

·
Premium Member
15,818 Posts
161 - 180 of 201 Posts