Uber Drivers Forum banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I didn't say he was deactivated. But clearly people, myself included, have been annoyed by this.

Someone posted a while back about being deactivated and wondering why, their rating was around 87.

Just deliver on one platform at a time, people. It ain't worth losing a tip and being down rated. At least not in this area.
He will be. Soon. And then he will register here and start a thread about it.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Ordered again today. About the same number of deliveries I have done (around a thousand), 99% rating. Straight from the restaurant to me, food was piping hot, and she followed directions perfectly.

I increased my tip. Easy.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Maybe his other vehicle had bald tires and bad brakes.
I'm genuinely sorry that you are in such a bad place in life that you must continue to degrade people on a website - over absolutely anything.

Or, maybe you do it for the lulz. If so, cool. But I don't think that's the case.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Maybe his other vehicle had bald tires and bad brakes.
Exactly, about two months ago I was about to start my day, I had scheduled blocks with grubhub, when I tried to start my car it wouldn't start, it was cranking but not starting, diagnosis: broken down fuel pump, my mechanic was not available until the next day, I borrowed my dad's car for the day, I had an ue order, the customer was outside waiting for me and told me he was looking for a gray car since my dad's car is red he didn't know it was me, told him sorry my car broke down I'm using my dad's car just for today, customer couldn't care any less, never had any bad reports that day, next day I had my car up and running again.

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
told him sorry my car broke down I'm using my dad's car just for today, customer couldn't care any less, never had any bad reports that day, next day I had my car up and running again.
Nice. Thank goodness you didn't deliver to someone like @Benjamin M (aka Karen M) who would gladly report you and turn your life upside down over the small stuff.
The pandemic has empowered people to become extreme judgmental finger pointers.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I've only ordered through UE and DD, never scheduled.

We've actually had a shortage of delivery drivers lately, I was thrilled to see that my order was picked up by a 98% driver (since October and 420 deliveries, so not really spectacular overall) and I was going to increase my tip as I usually do - typically from 20% to 30% if they aren't awful.

But nope, watched my food take a detour way in the wrong direction.
With Doordash I have found that the customers aren’t able to tell when I have a double DD order. I asked one customer whether the app notified them that I would be delivering to the first customer and then to them but they had no idea that I was on a double order. Oh well.

I have sometimes sent a message to the second customer that I have a double order however I have kind of given up on that because the message system on Doordash works about half of the time on my iPhone 8 and iPhone 11. I always had more confidence in the GrubHub system that I was actually messaging who I thought I was messaging.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
This time it was not priority. Uber confirmed that he was not assigned to another delivery.

And I have stopped for fuel - quickly. If I had a poop emergency, I'd do that too.

What I would NOT do is pick up one or two other orders on a separate platform and deliver a cold burger and fries that had a decent upfront tip and a trip duration of less than fifteen minutes.

85% now with about as many Eats deliveries. No love lost for drivers like this.
I understand. I was just trying to be funny with the take a dump comment.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Nice. Thank goodness you didn't deliver to someone like @Benjamin M (aka Karen M) who would gladly report you and turn your life upside down over the small stuff.
The pandemic has empowered people to become extreme judgmental finger pointers.
Hmm, it's interesting that I was just informed that car has a new set of tires. And I'm still employed - in fact I was asked for availability tonight.

The pandemic has not changed me at all. But I think a good amount of Americans think it is acceptable to bully everyone, cut corners, and provide the absolute minimum level of performance at work.

Again, I hope you act like this for the lulz.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Exactly, about two months ago I was about to start my day, I had scheduled blocks with grubhub, when I tried to start my car it wouldn't start, it was cranking but not starting, diagnosis: broken down fuel pump, my mechanic was not available until the next day, I borrowed my dad's car for the day, I had an ue order, the customer was outside waiting for me and told me he was looking for a gray car since my dad's car is red he didn't know it was me, told him sorry my car broke down I'm using my dad's car just for today, customer couldn't care any less, never had any bad reports that day, next day I had my car up and running again.
You'll have to reference my thread in Advice for the context to that jab.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I rarely treat myself to some delicious grub ordered through Eats but I decided to tonight, sushi. As always, I selected Priority and tipped well up front.

Tonight was my first time giving a thumbs down and adjusting a $5 tip to $1. Why?

Paid for priority, watched as my driver then went to McDonald's to the north of the restaurant, waited, and then went even further north to drop that order off. All the while, watching the map recalculate and the delivery estimate increase.

I confronted her, was civil and asked if she delivered a McDonald's order. She said yes. I pointed out that mine was a Priority order and asked if she delivered for another platform, "no".

App glitch? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Folks, remember that the customer is watching. Double dipping may seem like a good idea on the surface, but she probably lost about the same amount as that delivery in my tip and gained a thumbs down.

Just deliver food quickly, no games, and please use a damn delivery bag. It's not rocket science.
sorry for your bad experience, but its the apps fault for paying a low amount to drivers causing them to double dip...

none of us actually count on the expected tip...

the thumbs down is meaning less because there is a shortage of drivers for delivery drivers due to high turn over... you just screwed yourself by having one less driver... please keep thumbing down until there are no drivers left in your area...

don't forget drivers thumbs down does the same thing against you...

double dippers are the steady drivers... your experience with future orders will fluctuate greatly ( become more $$$)

thanks to adding to the negative feedback cycle... enjoy 😋

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
sorry for your bad experience, but its the apps fault for paying a low amount to drivers causing them to double dip...

none of us actually count on the expected tip...

the thumbs down is meaning less because there is a shortage of drivers for delivery drivers due to high turn over... you just screwed yourself by having one less driver... please keep thumbing down until there are no drivers left in your area...

don't forget drivers thumbs down does the same thing against you...

double dippers are the steady drivers... your experience with future orders will fluctuate greatly ( become more $$$)

thanks to adding to the negative feedback cycle... enjoy 😋
I've done about a thousand deliveries, 100% rating, and tips are often increased.

Uber tells me how long a delivery will take and the payout with a tip. If that is not profitable, I decline.

The shortage of drivers here, especially with Eats, is good for those that drive. Cherry picking. And demand is high.

Thinking that it is a good idea to "game the system" right now in this market is a really dumb move. These drivers are losing tips and getting down rated to deactivation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I've done about a thousand deliveries, 100% rating, and tips are often increased.

Uber tells me how long a delivery will take and the payout with a tip. If that is not profitable, I decline.

The shortage of drivers here, especially with Eats, is good for those that drive. Cherry picking. And demand is high.

Thinking that it is a good idea to "game the system" right now in this market is a really dumb move. These drivers are losing tips and getting down rated to deactivation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
New driver, living in her car, trying to become profitable.

Good for you to remove her tip and berate her.

Guessing you were a newbie once upon a time.

Yet you seem to still have the rookie mindset.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
New driver, living in her car, trying to become profitable.

Good for you to remove her tip and berate her.

Guessing you were a newbie once upon a time.

Yet you seem to still have the rookie mindset.
Who's living in their car??

I have been a noob many times over, including last week. I have always given every job 100%. I never did sketchy shit.

It's sad that people defend this type of behavior. This is a service industry, especially delivery - tips are a big part of that. And customers vote with their thumb.

Provide excellent service and you will be rewarded. Don't and you may be deactivated. Hate the job? Delete the app. Resolved!

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Who's living in their car??

I have been a noob many times over, including last week. I have always given every job 100%. I never did sketchy shit.

It's sad that people defend this type of behavior. This is a service industry, especially delivery - tips are a big part of that. And customers vote with their thumb.

Provide excellent service and you will be rewarded. Don't and you may be deactivated. Hate the job? Delete the app. Resolved!
Yep.

Tips are three quarters of my gross income, (plus the free money from prop 22 in CA.)

I was new once, didn't have a clue.

How did your first week go? Any incidents?

Are you an ant or a cherry picker?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I rarely treat myself to some delicious grub ordered through Eats but I decided to tonight, sushi. As always, I selected Priority and tipped well up front.

Tonight was my first time giving a thumbs down and adjusting a $5 tip to $1. Why?

Paid for priority, watched as my driver then went to McDonald's to the north of the restaurant, waited, and then went even further north to drop that order off. All the while, watching the map recalculate and the delivery estimate increase.

I confronted her, was civil and asked if she delivered a McDonald's order. She said yes. I pointed out that mine was a Priority order and asked if she delivered for another platform, "no".

App glitch? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Folks, remember that the customer is watching. Double dipping may seem like a good idea on the surface, but she probably lost about the same amount as that delivery in my tip and gained a thumbs down.

Just deliver food quickly, no games, and please use a damn delivery bag. It's not rocket science.
Five dollar tip?

For sushi?

No wonder you got a driver that doesn't have a clue.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Yep.

Tips are three quarters of my gross income, (plus the free money from prop 22 in CA.)

I was new once, didn't have a clue.

How did your first week go? Any incidents?

Are you an ant or a cherry picker?
First months doing Eats were awesome. Tips were fantastic. I have had one thumbs down in over a thousand deleries - and that was from some random restaurant.

Probably the one that failed to notify me that the customer had canceled the order and then became upset with me. I received an apology from their regional manager.

I purchased two delivery bags and made sure that food way delivered quickly and piping hot. I notified customers if there was any problem.

So, that's my experience doing delivery. I know, I'm a noob. I put genuine care into every single delivery. I treated customers the way that I would want to be treated.

But, please, by all means - tell me how I have messed up. Justify losing tips and having your rating go down the drain. I'm all ears. 😂

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
First months doing Eats were awesome. Tips were fantastic. I have had one thumbs down in over a thousand deleries - and that was from some random restaurant.

Probably the one that failed to notify me that the customer had canceled the order and then became upset with me. I received an apology from their regional manager.

I purchased two delivery bags and made sure that food way delivered quickly and piping hot. I notified customers if there was any problem.

So, that's my experience doing delivery. I know, I'm a noob. I put genuine care into every single delivery. I treated customers the way that I would want to be treated.

But, please, by all means - tell me how I have messed up. Justify losing tips and having your rating go down the drain. I'm all ears. 😂
So.

A newbie is learning the ropes and you berate her?

Stacked orders are a major part of the game.

You paid $1.50 for priority with a five dollar tip on a sushi order?

It's a wonder anyone accepted your order at all.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
So.

A newbie is learning the ropes and you berate her?

Stacked orders are a major part of the game.

You paid $1.50 for priority with a five dollar tip on a sushi order?

It's a wonder anyone accepted your order at all.
She knew what she was doing, as did the last driver to do the same. And I think you know that is a bad practice but just like to argue.

141 - 160 of 201 Posts