Uber Drivers Forum banner

121 - 140 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Sorry Ben, the way to make good money is to multi app. You significantly increase your earnings multi apping. If you did good using just one, imagine how much better you could have done.

Silly. You have to learn how to do it and be good with ALL the orders and it can be done. If you can't learn to do it successfully then yes, you shouldn't. You can both multi app AND do a good job delivering. They aren't mutually exclusive. I run DD and GH at the same time. My on time delivery grade on DD is 96% and never 1 complaint on GH. After several years and 6000 deliveries I would have already been long gone on GH or DD if there were on time delivery issues.
I have to admint. I don't think I am up to multi apping. I also have done over 6,000 deliveries.
Maybe it'll just click one day, but now, I feel like I would really screw up.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
How so, especially with upfront tipping? In fact, like many drivers, I've had custoners increase their tips after delivery. So have customers rescinded tips on you? I'm guessing, yes. Myself, never!
Well, in this case (with a decent upfront tip), that tip was greatly decreased - and almost eliminated.

The quoted post or yours - you are not told that it is a "priority" delivery because Uber expects you to deliver on one platform at a time and you will not receive another ping. And it's only available to the customer (at a premium) based on driver availability.

My driver's tip would have paid the same or better than the McDonald's order she took on another platform.

But this is an old thread and we're beating a dead horse.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I run Uber, Dash and Hub all at once and only double dipped once and felt it was wrong as hell…

Whomever give me a ping first is the one I do the delivery with ( if the pay is high enough ) and I turn off Hub and Uber and pause Dash when I am ping by one of them.

I get a lot of double orders from Uber and Dash and I make sure I communicate with my he customers letting them know when I have left the restaurant and arrived but again I stay away from double dipping…

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
How can you be certain that the McDonalds was not also a Priority order? Uber sometimes offers these stacked orders and there isn't anything a driver can do about it. Happened to me once too on a good tip, Frustrating, but I couldn't pin it on the driver necessarily.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Study after study shows under $10/hr. So do interviews with drivers.
Gross not nett. Big difference.
If all you're thinking is gross, every uber driver pulls 6 figures.
You, kind sir, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Certainly not in my market. Or most markets. If this were true then this forum would not exist.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
We need a super app that can arbitrate multi-platform. I just started dual-app and I can see the benefit of doing it. But, w/o super app, it's more art, luck than science.

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Mystro was the interface app I used to use.

Never mind, this is delivery.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I rarely treat myself to some delicious grub ordered through Eats but I decided to tonight, sushi. As always, I selected Priority and tipped well up front.

Tonight was my first time giving a thumbs down and adjusting a $5 tip to $1. Why?

Paid for priority, watched as my driver then went to McDonald's to the north of the restaurant, waited, and then went even further north to drop that order off. All the while, watching the map recalculate and the delivery estimate increase.

I confronted her, was civil and asked if she delivered a McDonald's order. She said yes. I pointed out that mine was a Priority order and asked if she delivered for another platform, "no".

App glitch? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Folks, remember that the customer is watching. Double dipping may seem like a good idea on the surface, but she probably lost about the same amount as that delivery in my tip and gained a thumbs down.

Just deliver food quickly, no games, and please use a damn delivery bag. It's not rocket science.
the driver doesn't decide who gets the food first, matter of fact she didn't even know your address until she delivered the other order so basically you were a dick...

·
Premium Member
15,818 Posts
methinks you didn't read the thread carefully.....

Reactions: Benjamin M

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
After going through this thread, I have an opportunity tonight to see doubledipping by the platform operator, not the driver.

Here is what driver get screamed by the 2nd food orderer

The first order was dropped off at an gated property, that requires a gate code and building code to get into the right building, and then go to the right story looking for the right apartment door. It wasn't easy as one does not know if one's car will be get towed or ticketed. and the message comes in without people identify themselves just asking "What's going on with my order?"

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
the driver doesn't decide who gets the food first, matter of fact she didn't even know your address until she delivered the other order so basically you were a dick...
Yeah read the thread a bit more carefully.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Happened again today. At least TWO stops outside of Uber. 86% rating for 89 deliveries.

Would have been a five minute delivery from the McDonald's up the street, $4 tip. But nope, he chose no tip, thumbs down, and a chat with Uber support this time around. Also driving different vehicle.

I can't wrap my head around how anyone could be so stupid to think that this is a good idea. Impressive rating for being new, though! 😂

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Happened again today. At least TWO stops outside of Uber. 86% rating for 89 deliveries.

Would have been a five minute delivery from the McDonald's up the street, $4 tip. But nope, he chose no tip, thumbs down, and a chat with Uber support this time around. Also driving different vehicle.

I can't wrap my head around how anyone could be so stupid to think that this is a good idea. Impressive rating for being new, though! 😂
He was deactivate for no reason!

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
He was deactivate for no reason!
I didn't say he was deactivated. But clearly people, myself included, have been annoyed by this.

Someone posted a while back about being deactivated and wondering why, their rating was around 87.

Just deliver on one platform at a time, people. It ain't worth losing a tip and being down rated. At least not in this area.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
So if I’m not on a priority order would it be OK to stop at a gas station to take a dump on the way to a delivery?
This time it was not priority. Uber confirmed that he was not assigned to another delivery.

And I have stopped for fuel - quickly. If I had a poop emergency, I'd do that too.

What I would NOT do is pick up one or two other orders on a separate platform and deliver a cold burger and fries that had a decent upfront tip and a trip duration of less than fifteen minutes.

85% now with about as many Eats deliveries. No love lost for drivers like this.

121 - 140 of 201 Posts