Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
6,142 Posts
I'm not a gun owner so excuse my ignorance. I was always afraid I would shoot my dick off, can I assume the safety is on when you carry? How do you take the safety off and fire a shot with a gun pointed at your head? Always wondered about that. Note I am NOT anti-gun and not being critical of drivers who carry.
Just because you have a gun does not always mean you have an advantage. Practice, practice, practice, and keep practicing. You learn to take the safety off as you draw the gun. That is is you choose to have a gun with a safety. I don't carry a gun with a safety. The safety is having a proper holster and keeping your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

As for someone having a gun pointing at you, that is called drawing from the drop. You comply and you wait for your turn which almost always presents its self. Practicing gives you the confidence to make a quick draw, having a draw to first shot under 1 second is my goal.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I agree. Rights come with responsibilities. If someone chooses to carry a gun they should be experienced and skilled in its use. That comes with practice. When I carried, I was shooting on a regular basis. I would run or do push-ups to raise my heart rate to replicate an armed confrontation. Hitting a target is a lot harder when your heart is pounding in your chest.

My permit to carry expired a few years ago and I never renewed it. My job no longer took me into high crime areas. When I started driving uber I thought of renewing it but never did. I haven’t shot a handgun in over 10 years and don’t really have the time to practice to get back to the level of proficiency that I think is necessary to carry a gun.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
if a passanger seats behind you and put a gun to your head it is actually better you don't have a gun on you...

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
If all guns are banned in the United States we’ll be just like the people in Mexico. They have no way to defend themselves when armed drug gangs break into their homes. The Mexican government is so corrupt. The only people they prosecute on weapons charges are are regular citizens, not drug gangs. The drug cartels pay the people in government. It happens. My wife is from Mexico I’ve heard lots of stories

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If all guns are banned in the United States m
I’ve been hearing variations of this since I took my first firearm safety course in 1973, but only from paranoid gun owners and the NRA, which keeps this misinformation campaign going to justify its existence. (I stopped my membership many years ago, because the NRA became an anti-American organization that now exists only to make itself money by scaring people with nonsense.)

Nobody is planning to take your guns or ban all guns in the U.S. Please stop wasting energy worrying about it.

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
I’ve been hearing variations of this since I took my first firearm safety course in 1973, but only from paranoid gun owners and the NRA, which keeps this misinformation campaign going to justify its existence. (I stopped my membership many years ago, because the NRA became an anti-American organization that now exists only to make itself money by scaring people with nonsense.)

Nobody is planning to take your guns or ban all guns in the U.S. Please stop wasting energy worrying about it.
The fables of the right are just as powerful as fables of the left.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Great i will open carry mine tomorrow on all orders . I will put my door dash hat on as well .
Wtf do they want to take away dd drivers guns ? Were not allowed to protect our self ?
Quote of a future robber . ( rob this door dash driver there not allowed to carry guns safe havens )
When I got my CCW, the instructor told us that gun free zones are victim zones

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
When I got my CCW, the instructor told us that gun free zones are victim zones

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Nobody is planning to take your guns
BS. Some state governments have already banned certain types of firearms. If I take one of my firearms just 40 miles away I'd be guilty of a felony. Not only would the state enforcers take my firearm, they'd throw me in a cage, despite me doing nothing more than possessing an object. I didn't do anything violent. I didn't threatened any violence. On the contrary. I'm armed to be prepared for other's violence.

Just this week, the Nevada governor signed a bill to ban homemade firearms. Don't expect a flood of people turning in their firearms. Do expect a flood of people who have never committed a violent crime to become potential felons.

I've heard talk of banning all semi-automatic firearms. Over 3/4 of all handguns sold since the mid 1990's have been semi-automatic.

I wonder when 3d printers will be banned.

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
If you are so scared to walk out without a gun . You should stay home.We both glad you don’t work for me . I would not even hire you , if you need a gun to attend my customers .
I don’t have any issue with guns for self defense in your property , but enter someone else’s premises, is just not acceptable for me .
It is not different that what you want to defend in YOUR property . I do not want an ARMED stranger entering my property.

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
BS. Some state governments have already banned certain types of firearms. If I take one of my firearms just 40 miles away I'd be guilty of a felony. Not only would the state enforcers take my firearm, they'd throw me in a cage, despite me doing nothing more than possessing an object. I didn't do anything violent. I didn't threatened any violence. On the contrary. I'm armed to be prepared for other's violence.

Just this week, the Nevada governor signed a bill to ban homemade firearms. Don't expect a flood of people turning in their firearms. Do expect a flood of people who have never committed a violent crime to become potential felons.

I've heard talk of banning all semi-automatic firearms. Over 3/4 of all handguns sold since the mid 1990's have been semi-automatic.

I wonder when 3d printers will be banned.
We should ban IDIOTS and that will solve the problems . Unfortunately they been reaching record numbers these days .

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I do not want an ARMED stranger entering my property.
If it becomes illegal to carry a firearm onto another's private property, most law abiding people will obey. But its not the law abiding people you need to worry about.

If we had neighboring houses and you put up a sign that said, "No firearms in this house," and I put up a sign that said, "I'm heavily armed," who do you think would have a greater chance of a violent home invasion?

Gun free zones are safe for the person with a gun.

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
If it becomes illegal to carry a firearm onto another's private property, most law abiding people will obey. But its not the law abiding people you need to worry about.

If we had neighboring houses and you put up a sign that said, "No firearms in this house," and I put up a sign that said, "I'm heavily armed," who do you think would have a greater chance of a violent home invasion?

Gun free zones are safe for the person with a gun.
I keep hearing about the risk of home invasions that never happen . What really happens are school shootings by irresponsible gun owners .

·
6,142 Posts
I keep hearing about the risk of home invasions that never happen . What really happens are school shootings by irresponsible gun owners .
So all gun owners should be penalized for the actions of a few?
Should cars be banned because a few people drive recklessly?
Should alcohol be banned because a few get drunk and violent?
Should fast food be banned because some eat to much of it and die of a heart attack?
Should swimming pools be banned because some drown?
Should rope be banned because some people hang themselves?
Should baseball bats, hammers, gulf clubs, all be banned because they were used to kill people?
Should knives be banned because they were used to kill people?
Should doctors be banned because they have misdiagnosed people and killed them?

Why is it that law abiding citizens are punished because of the actions of criminals? Our penal system looks the other way when it comes to criminals, they often barely get a slap on the wrist. Criminals should not have arrest records containing hundreds of arrests, obviously they are a problem. But no society does not want to punish criminals, yet we will punish law abiding citizens because of the actions of criminals.

Reactions: bsliv

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
So all gun owners should be penalized for the actions of a few?
Should cars be banned because a few people drive recklessly?
Should alcohol be banned because a few get drunk and violent?
Should fast food be banned because some eat to much of it and die of a heart attack?
Should swimming pools be banned because some drown?
Should rope be banned because some people hang themselves?
Should baseball bats, hammers, gulf clubs, all be banned because they were used to kill people?
Should knives be banned because they were used to kill people?
Should doctors be banned because they have misdiagnosed people and killed them?

Why is it that law abiding citizens are punished because of the actions of criminals? Our penal system looks the other way when it comes to criminals, they often barely get a slap on the wrist. Criminals should not have arrest records containing hundreds of arrests, obviously they are a problem. But no society does not want to punish criminals, yet we will punish law abiding citizens because of the actions of criminals.
The problem is that you guys talk about “ abiding citizens” but never actually define them .
Most people do not have an issue with someone owning a gun as long as they are licensed , trained and responsible their their use . I would required an insurance policy for any gun owner . If you are an “ abiding citizen “ it should not be a problem , but if you are NOT or your son and daughter manage to get their hands to your gun and kills innocent people , younot only go to jail, you will lose everything you have . That will fe a deterrent to separate law abiding from non abiding citizens .

·
6,142 Posts
The problem is that you guys talk about “ abiding citizens” but never actually define them .
Most people do not have an issue with someone owning a gun as long as they are licensed , trained and responsible their their use . I would required an insurance policy for any gun owner . If you are an “ abiding citizen “ it should not be a problem , but if you are NOT or your son and daughter manage to get their hands to your gun and kills innocent people , younot only go to jail, you will lose everything you have . That will fe a deterrent to separate law abiding from non abiding citizens .
Law abiding citizens = Person without a criminal record, person that naturally tries to do the right thing and follow the law.

Of course one could argue no one is completely law biding as everyone I'm sure by the age of 12 has broke some law in some way. Think there is a book out there titled "Three Felonies a Day" showing the average person unknowingly commits 3 felonies a day because of our vague laws.

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
Law abiding citizens = Person without a criminal record, person that naturally tries to do the right thing and follow the law.

Of course one could argue no one is completely law biding as everyone I'm sure by the age of 12 has broke some law in some way. Think there is a book out there titled "Three Felonies a Day" showing the average person unknowingly commits 3 felonies a day because of our vague laws.
Having an unlincensed gun make non abiding ?
Unpaid parking tickets , made you non abiding?
Allowing your teenage kid acces to tie guns make you “ abiding or not abiding” ? You see my issues . It always a grey are when it comes with guns.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I am retired law enforcement and under the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, it is strongly encouraged, especially in KY, for all retired officers be armed at all times. Take it as it is.
Yea? But see thats a double standard. If a retired LEO who is carrying decided to deliver for an app delivery service and somehow finds themselves in a situation where someone points a gun at them and says, "give me your money" and you shoot them, the media will play it out as "Well he used to be a cop so it is ok". If it was someone with a carry permit but was not a cop or never a cop, they will paint the individual as a barely educated derelict who doesn't even know how to shoot.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts