Uber Drivers Forum banner

DoorDash pay cut

6K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  Beninmankato 
#1 ·
DoorDash cut base pay used yo be $3 minimum now $2.50.

See less See more
#2 ·
Other places its 2.25. Just cherry pick as you used to. Stand your ground . Lot of drivers here wont accept them under 7
There are other places to work pizza jimmy johns panera bread all have benefits Some pizza places do or do not have benefits . Grub hub. Loser lyft Loser uber . DD are bastards to cut our pay right now. DD is slowing down all over you will receive less orders then you used to . Your pay will be cut in half very soon from where it used to be from lack of business . Here is used to be 25 Then 22 Then 20 Then 15. Now 10 an hour . As of last two days.
Its like it used to be before corona . Only time you should drive food is on the weekends Fri And Sat only it was busy other days stick with driving passengers .

#3 ·
In food business now. many store owners are so sick of app fee's and how 2 burgers to be delivered was $10 and some nights $20 +++ customer stops ordering. my buddy has 3 pizza shops . all same names
30 years
17 years
5 months ghost kitchen all app only delivery. he is ready to close it on prinicipals...of what they do to food business.
gub hub charges us 25% flat fee

#4 ·
I get it the restaurants are sick of the app company fees but no one going to get their food at $2.50. My car stays parked

regardless the problem is all the previous order with $$3 $4$5 tips with all pay $6.5 $7.5so for the 70 deliveries a week it’sbasically a $35 week pay cut. Because every order is paying 50 cent less.

#17 ·
It's crazy how low they pay. Before covid they got 30% from the restaurant and a delivery fee from the customer. If the typical dinner order is $30- $50 that would be $9 to $15 delivery fee and another $3 to $6 from the home owner. Then they pay us $3 to $6 or less plus tip. It's too low and they take too much. Btw, during dinner I get a lot $80 to $100 orders and the fee is the same based on distance.

#19 ·
There is no logic to the base pay cut. I stay in the same area and get multiple requests from the same restaurants and I see the base pay from $2.5 $2.75 $3 3.25 3.5 for the same restaurant no correlation to distance. I see 2.5 for 5 miles and and sometimes $3 for 2 miles. My acceptance rate is now 5%. I guess a lot of other drivers are declining all the sub $6 orders.

#22 ·
καθ'οδόν

I'm on the express track to single digits. The only reason I'm at 28% is that when the rates first dropped so bad last year I didn't do DD for almost 8 months! It's only three weeks since I started running them again with GH. Last night I got 14 DD offers and took 1. And that 1 I took was with a GH order in the car! It was $13.50 directly on the way to a GH drop off, a no brainer.

#24 ·
Based on all of the the videos and stories I've read about order-stealing bots at Instacart, I can't help but suspect that something similar is occurring at Doordash and maybe Uber Eats as well.

I just seems hard to believe that out of all of the zillions of DD orders so few are decent.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that there are drivers using various scams including the use of hardware and/or software to steal good deliveries.

#25 ·
I have one question that needs to be answered before I can wholeheartedly agree with you.
With all the analytics going on behind the scenes at all these companies, wouldn't one of the analyses be the after the fact check of the allocation of the loads, and any violators be caught?

#31 ·
An absolute freaking scam, period.

The ONLY payout amount that can be verified is the MINIMUM PAYOUT, and of course that's the one that gets cut.

Also, for the majority of deliveries, DD only pays MINIMUM, thus most orders will have a PAY CUT.

All of this shit about paying more for longer trips is a LIE.

Since there's no rate card that can be used to verify possible pay rate changes, DD can and will simply lie about paying more for "longer trips". They'll say "the driver is being paid more than he would have previously" for a given delivery, and without a rate card, they can lie all they want and there's no way for a driver to prove they're lying.

This type of thing is one of the major reasons why it's so sleazy for companies like Uber Eats and Doordash to pay drivers without a rate card. They can simply pay the drivers whatever they feel like paying for every delivery as long as they pay the minimum, which has been cut.

#35 ·
magic number used to $7.5. Then $7. Now $6.5. I get plenty of $6.5 $3 mile deliveries that pay $6.5 or more some up $$12. But the ones DD sends that say $8.5 for 6 miles tend to pay exactly that. DD hides the true amount on short deliveries but tends to show the true higher amount on the longer ones. I stick with short ones. Gotta be selective. These app companies all make it harder and harder. Lyft keeps baiting me with guarantees this weekend 90 rides for $1100. In 4 days. No way.

#48 ·
This last Saturday night I was doing DD and I just finished a delivery and I got a call from a DD representative asking me if I could deliver an order from one of the fast food restaurants nearby. I told her no thanks because I knew it was a crap order that no one wanted. They didn't even tell me how much the delivery fee was or offer any incentive for doing the delivery. The lady sounded annoyed when I turned her down. Oh well.

#50 ·
I received a message from a friend of mine this past Sunday. He told me he ordered Taco Bell on DD and the driver text him that "he would need to pay more" if he wanted the food. He tipped $8 in app but since DD hides it at ridiculously low levels probably showed $4. Anyways, I told him I don't accept taco bell/ff orders because they aren't worth the time, especially 7pm on a Sunday. He called DD reported the driver and got the order cancelled refunded. If there's a wait or something I just cancel , I'd never call or text a customer like some foodjacker. Told him to just order off UE , GH in my market sucks (their system just sends out orders to drivers but the restaurants don't receive them, or it has to be resent. He got the UE order from Taco Bell within 20 minutes, because that pop up at ping was most likely showing $10-$12 to go 2.5 miles vs DD $4.

#51 ·
DD has gone even lower base without informing us. Some are $2.25 and Uber seems to have caught the bug too as they are offering $2 dollar orders as well. I now only look at the guaranteed pay and do not count on hidden tips when acceping orders. I'm getting a little too old for those kinds of games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.