Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Go ahead @Seamus laugh. they have a saying in the old country.
"I've been where you are, and where I am, you'll come."
View attachment 605708
καθ'οδόν

I'm on the express track to single digits. The only reason I'm at 28% is that when the rates first dropped so bad last year I didn't do DD for almost 8 months! It's only three weeks since I started running them again with GH. Last night I got 14 DD offers and took 1. And that 1 I took was with a GH order in the car! It was $13.50 directly on the way to a GH drop off, a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
καθ'οδόν

I'm on the express track to single digits. The only reason I'm at 28% is that when the rates first dropped so bad last year I didn't do DD for almost 8 months! It's only three weeks since I started running them again with GH. Last night I got 14 DD offers and took 1. And that 1 I took was with a GH order in the car! It was $13.50 directly on the way to a GH drop off, a no brainer.
Love your Greek. And formal even!!! I am flying over Aug 21. One full month on the beach with my wife and Triplet daughters. Gonna stock up on some natural Vitamin D!!!

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Based on all of the the videos and stories I've read about order-stealing bots at Instacart, I can't help but suspect that something similar is occurring at Doordash and maybe Uber Eats as well.

I just seems hard to believe that out of all of the zillions of DD orders so few are decent.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that there are drivers using various scams including the use of hardware and/or software to steal good deliveries.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Based on all of the the videos and stories I've read about order-stealing bots at Instacart, I can't help but suspect that something similar is occurring at Doordash and maybe Uber Eats as well.

I just seems hard to believe that out of all of the zillions of DD orders so few are decent.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that there are drivers using various scams including the use of hardware and/or software to steal good deliveries.
I have one question that needs to be answered before I can wholeheartedly agree with you.
With all the analytics going on behind the scenes at all these companies, wouldn't one of the analyses be the after the fact check of the allocation of the loads, and any violators be caught?

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts

Well recently many new Dashers were using an app called "Para" which allowed them to see the true value of the DD "hidden" offer. It's use became widespread. I did not use it as you had to fork over too much information to sign up. The Parma app was fast becoming widespread and gave the drivers using it a tool to grab the good offers.

As of last week DoorDash made software changes which rendered the app useless. We'll see if there is any noticeable difference now that everyone is back on a level playing field.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Well recently many new Dashers were using an app called "Parma" which allowed them to see the true value of the DD "hidden" offer. It's use became widespread. I did not use it as you had to fork over too much information to sign up. The Parma app was fast becoming widespread and gave the drivers using it a tool to grab the good offers.

As of last week DoorDash made software changes which rendered the app useless. We'll see if there is any noticeable difference now that everyone is back on a level playing field.
The quality of the offers are just as bad now as they were when Para was being used. The same is true for Eats.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Several comment posters on YouTube and social media who seem to know what they're talking about believe that the Instacart bot situation is an "inside job" in which the drivers are working with corrupt insiders at Instacart.

For all we know the same thing could be happening with DD and Eats.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
I have one question that needs to be answered before I can wholeheartedly agree with you.
With all the analytics going on behind the scenes at all these companies, wouldn't one of the analyses be the after the fact check of the allocation of the loads, and any violators be caught?
You'd think there would be, given how quick-triggered these companies are about firing drivers over the slightest suspicion that a driver may be defrauding the company or a pax, but when it comes to drivers stealing from other drivers, it almost seems like these companies aren't overly zealous about putting a stop to that kind of fraud.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
An absolute freaking scam, period.

The ONLY payout amount that can be verified is the MINIMUM PAYOUT, and of course that's the one that gets cut.

Also, for the majority of deliveries, DD only pays MINIMUM, thus most orders will have a PAY CUT.

All of this shit about paying more for longer trips is a LIE.

Since there's no rate card that can be used to verify possible pay rate changes, DD can and will simply lie about paying more for "longer trips". They'll say "the driver is being paid more than he would have previously" for a given delivery, and without a rate card, they can lie all they want and there's no way for a driver to prove they're lying.

This type of thing is one of the major reasons why it's so sleazy for companies like Uber Eats and Doordash to pay drivers without a rate card. They can simply pay the drivers whatever they feel like paying for every delivery as long as they pay the minimum, which has been cut.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
An absolute freaking scam, period.

The ONLY payout amount that can be verified is the MINIMUM PAYOUT, and of course that's the one that gets cut.

Also, for the majority of deliveries, DD only pays MINIMUM, thus most orders will have a PAY CUT.

All of this shit about paying more for longer trips is a LIE.

Since there's no rate card that can be used to verify possible pay rate changes, DD can and will simply lie about paying more for "longer trips". They'll say "the driver is being paid more than he would have previously" for a given delivery, and without a rate card, they can lie all they want and there's no way for a driver to prove they're lying.

This type of thing is one of the major reasons why it's so sleazy for companies like Uber Eats and Doordash to pay drivers without a rate card. They can simply pay the drivers whatever they feel like paying for every delivery as long as they pay the minimum, which has been cut.
Yep. Out of all 3 of the major apps DD is by far the worse. Uber plays little games too but not nearly as bad as DD IMO. Nobody is looking to drive 7 miles for $9.50 or $4.50 unless they are very dumb, feel like doing charity, are using some sort of vehicle like from the Jetsons or live in some cow town with no traffic, speed limit, stop signs/lights , no intersections etc. In my market the majority of their orders tip $0-$4. Their "might be more" is scam.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Yep. Out of all 3 of the major apps DD is by far the worse. Uber plays little games too but not nearly as bad as DD IMO. Nobody is looking to drive 7 miles for $9.50 or $4.50 unless they are very dumb, feel like doing charity, are using some sort of vehicle like from the Jetsons or live in some cow town with no traffic, speed limit, stop signs/lights , no intersections etc. In my market the majority of their orders tip $0-$4. Their "might be more" is scam.
These gig companies have such contempt for their drivers as well as their drivers' intelligence that they feel comfortable reusing the same basic scam again and again, which is to put three additional pennies into one of the drivers' pockets while at the same time taking four pennies out of the other pocket, and claiming they're doing it in response to "driver request".

This new change from $3 to $2.25 is a whopping 25% pay cut, and it's being done during a time of rising gas prices and rising cost of living.

Lots and lots of workers are getting raises, even McDonald's has sharply increased their starting pay, and as usual, gig workers get yet another pay cut.

There's a pretty good chance that cynical DD will pull an Uber, which is to "buffer" the pay cut with temporary extra money for long trips as a way to reduce driver anger at the pay cut. When DD feels the drivers have "gotten used to" the pay cut, they'll quietly take away the extra payments.

Uber used to do the same shit every time they instituted pay cuts.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
These gig companies have such contempt for their drivers as well as their drivers' intelligence that they feel comfortable reusing the same basic scam again and again, which is to put three additional pennies into one of the drivers' pockets while at the same time taking four pennies out of the other pocket, and claiming they're doing it in response to "driver request".

This new change from $3 to $2.25 is a whopping 25% pay cut, and it's being done during a time of rising gas prices and rising cost of living.

Lots and lots of workers are getting raises, even McDonald's has sharply increased their starting pay, and as usual, gig workers get yet another pay cut.

There's a pretty good chance that cynical DD will pull an Uber, which is to "buffer" the pay cut with temporary extra money for long trips as a way to reduce driver anger at the pay cut. When DD feels the drivers have "gotten used to" the pay cut, they'll quietly take away the extra payments.

Uber used to do the same shit every time they instituted pay cuts.
I agree, it's pretty much like DD is copying everything Uber has done in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
magic number used to $7.5. Then $7. Now $6.5. I get plenty of $6.5 $3 mile deliveries that pay $6.5 or more some up $$12. But the ones DD sends that say $8.5 for 6 miles tend to pay exactly that. DD hides the true amount on short deliveries but tends to show the true higher amount on the longer ones. I stick with short ones. Gotta be selective. These app companies all make it harder and harder. Lyft keeps baiting me with guarantees this weekend 90 rides for $1100. In 4 days. No way.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
It's a shame what has become of DD. Every month it's like they're doing the limbo, how low can you go! The lack of offer transparency is appalling. Pretty soon I expect them to hide the mileage information and the offer value will say "we will let you know once the delivery is complete". :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
It's a shame what has become of DD. Every month it's like they're doing the limbo, how low can you go! The lack of offer transparency is appalling. Pretty soon I expect them to hide the mileage information and the offer value will say "we will let you know once the delivery is complete". :LOL:
So you are saying I shouldn't even turn it on for kicks this weekend?
It looks like the fewer blocks available on GH, the more they are available on DD.
BTW, I think I do see a difference in orders when I am on Block with GH as opposed to just on.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
So you are saying I shouldn't even turn it on for kicks this weekend?
It looks like the fewer blocks available on GH, the more they are available on DD.
BTW, I think I do see a difference in orders when I am on Block with GH as opposed to just on.
Yes, BH has changed as I think a lot of new DD drivers got fed up with the low offers and signed up for GH. Gotta be on Block now to be assured offers.

I keep DD on because I multi app, I just decline the majority of the offers. This week I've had both DD and GH orders in my car at the same time almost every night. Everything delivered on time! (y)

·
Premium Member
8,763 Posts
Yes, BH has changed as I think a lot of new DD drivers got fed up with the low offers and signed up for GH. Gotta be on Block now to be assured offers.

I keep DD on because I multi app, I just decline the majority of the offers. This week I've had both DD and GH orders in my car at the same time almost every night. Everything delivered on time! (y)
What happens if you are late on a delivery for DD or GH? And, how long are you give usually to complete the delivery from the time of pick up?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts