Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Other places its 2.25. Just cherry pick as you used to. Stand your ground . Lot of drivers here wont accept them under 7
There are other places to work pizza jimmy johns panera bread all have benefits Some pizza places do or do not have benefits . Grub hub. Loser lyft Loser uber . DD are bastards to cut our pay right now. DD is slowing down all over you will receive less orders then you used to . Your pay will be cut in half very soon from where it used to be from lack of business . Here is used to be 25 Then 22 Then 20 Then 15. Now 10 an hour . As of last two days.
Its like it used to be before corona . Only time you should drive food is on the weekends Fri And Sat only it was busy other days stick with driving passengers .

·
Premium Member
10,516 Posts
In food business now. many store owners are so sick of app fee's and how 2 burgers to be delivered was $10 and some nights $20 +++ customer stops ordering. my buddy has 3 pizza shops . all same names
30 years
17 years
5 months ghost kitchen all app only delivery. he is ready to close it on prinicipals...of what they do to food business.
gub hub charges us 25% flat fee

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get it the restaurants are sick of the app company fees but no one going to get their food at $2.50. My car stays parked

regardless the problem is all the previous order with $$3 $4$5 tips with all pay $6.5 $7.5so for the 70 deliveries a week it’sbasically a $35 week pay cut. Because every order is paying 50 cent less.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Since DD went public, they are following exactly in Uber's footsteps. They will continue to find ways to pay drivers less.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I see DoorDash strategy. Cut pay then stack the orders to make it seem higher. I some stacked order paying $6. No way. My car stays parked engine off.
Well, look at the plus side at least they are paying $4.50 now to drive from OPB out to the middle of nowhere such as Palm Aire (7-10 miles one way) AND when the customer tips $0-$3 as usual the earnings are it's a whopping $4.50-$7.50. DD is such a joke.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Some people use "going public" as an excuse for the pay cuts but the fact is these "gig" companies started cutting pay years before going public.
So,

You still driving?

Learned to experiment, learn and adapt?

Or sitting on the sidelines and Monday morning quarterbacking?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
It's crazy how low they pay. Before covid they got 30% from the restaurant and a delivery fee from the customer. If the typical dinner order is $30- $50 that would be $9 to $15 delivery fee and another $3 to $6 from the home owner. Then they pay us $3 to $6 or less plus tip. It's too low and they take too much. Btw, during dinner I get a lot $80 to $100 orders and the fee is the same based on distance.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
my market is 2 bucks.. I know the metro area went down 2.25. DD logic makes no sense. Drivers can now make more money by taking a cut. but may get a few extra orders...huh...that means I have to Hustle harder..DD makes no sense

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is no logic to the base pay cut. I stay in the same area and get multiple requests from the same restaurants and I see the base pay from $2.5 $2.75 $3 3.25 3.5 for the same restaurant no correlation to distance. I see 2.5 for 5 miles and and sometimes $3 for 2 miles. My acceptance rate is now 5%. I guess a lot of other drivers are declining all the sub $6 orders.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
There is no logic to the base pay cut. I stay in the same area and get multiple requests from the same restaurants and I see the base pay from $2.5 $2.75 $3 3.25 3.5 for the same restaurant no correlation to distance. I see 2.5 for 5 miles and and sometimes $3 for 2 miles. My acceptance rate is now 5%. I guess a lot of other drivers are declining all the sub $6 orders.
I turn on DD while I'm doing GH, because I keep fooling myself into thinking, you never know. Maybe they'll give you some good ones. So, I've rejected my way down to my current 1%

1 - 20 of 46 Posts