Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been thinking about doing those and postmates as well, I'm not sure which one I would do but probably postmates as I heard it's been pretty good for some people. Just been doing Uber and Uber Eats, it seems to keep me busy, Eats has been busy for me lately in SD as far as food delivery and a lot of people have been tipping me nicely.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Anyone doing these?
Haven't dashed in months. Too much distance and time. Dash considers PB and lajolla 1 market so you can be on garnet Ave and get a half dozen requests for UTC or downtown LJ. I refused to go 11 miles for a $5 pickup and hope for a fat tip. Trying to find an apartment in one of those thousand unit project is a nightmare. Dash is constantly offering an extra $2 per delivery when it rains

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have been doing DoorDash for a few months...only work weekends in Oceanside and Carlsbad and generally happy with it...must be shortage of drivers and the past few weeks they have paid premium for delivery..as much as extra $2 (total $7) during prime hours and bad weather. Tipping is key if you do this...also must not accept low dollar orders and those requiring long distance to pickup...you also learn to avoid certain restaurants as the food is never ready! I actually prefer it to Uber as no bad pax and usually drive less than 40 miles in a 3 hour shift.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I have been doing DoorDash for a few months...only work weekends in Oceanside and Carlsbad and generally happy with it...must be shortage of drivers and the past few weeks they have paid premium for delivery..as much as extra $2 (total $7) during prime hours and bad weather. Tipping is key if you do this...also must not accept low dollar orders and those requiring long distance to pickup...you also learn to avoid certain restaurants as the food is never ready! I actually prefer it to Uber as no bad pax and usually drive less than 40 miles in a 3 hour shift.
Sounds like it's working Bill other than the insurance covered doesn't cover comp and collision, only liability which is why I didn't sign up.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sounds like it's working Bill other than the insurance covered doesn't cover comp and collision, only liability which is why I didn't sign up.
Steve you may think it is unethical but unlike Uber or Lyft you do not have any id in/on your vehicle identifying you were working if you have an accident. I would just treat it like any accident (although I have never had one in over 50 years of driving) and parties do not need to know I was out working. If police are necessary I don't believe they even ask if you are working.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Steve you may think it is unethical but unlike Uber or Lyft you do not have any id in/on your vehicle identifying you were working if you have an accident. I would just treat it like any accident (although I have never had one in over 50 years of driving) and parties do not need to know I was out working. If police are necessary I don't believe they even ask if you are working.
I would do the same Bill without a customer in my car, I'm portable with my trade dress. But if I'm delivering food and someone crashes into me when I'm out of my car, little riskier if they report me with food bags in my hands.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Dont u have to wear a DoorDash shirt when delivering though? That would identify that u r on the job...
They give you the shirt but I have never worn it...it was actually too small and it was a 2X. there is no dress code

I would do the same Bill without a customer in my car, I'm portable with my trade dress. But if I'm delivering food and someone crashes into me when I'm out of my car, little riskier if they report me with food bags in my hands.
Wonder what the odds of the incident you describe is to happen? Several million to one I would guess..but, you are obviously a very careful person (maybe odds even higher?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.